Colfax United States-Remote
Who We Are
Iconic brands. Global locations. Extraordinary people. These elements, infused with our commitment to continuous improvement, set us apart from the competition and create a career and customer experience like no other. As a diversified technology company, we have leading positions in orthopedic solutions, industrial welding and cutting, and specialty gas regulation and control. Our products and services help improve the lives of our customers around the world. And, with over 15,000 passionate associates in offices across six continents, we advance our positive impact every day on a worldwide scale.
If you’re craving an opportunity to shape a growing global company, work with highly-motivated colleagues and make a difference right away‚ then Colfax Corporation (NYSE: CFX) is the place for you. Check out our current career opportunities today!
What You’ll Do
Assists with the administration of retirement and health and welfare employee benefit programs. Assures compliance with all applicable state and federal regulation. Responsibilities include working through day-to-day items with vendors, employees, payroll and HRIS. Compiles, analyzes, and reports data including employee, plan financials for strategic benefits planning and evaluation. Provides benefit plan interpretation, guidance, and counsel to employees, HRBP’s, and managers. Presents information to inform and educate management. Serves as a liaison with employees and disability provider to ensure all leave of absences are managed correctly. Compliance and technical interpretive discussions with benefit counsel and enrolled actuary or consultants.
Reports to Director, Global Benefits and M&A.
- Monitors eligibility, limitations, and restrictions of plan participations and ensures compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Provides guidance and counsel to employees, HRIS, payroll, HRBP’s, and managers on the requirements and provisions of benefit programs and assist with the resolution of potential problems.
- Coordinates the design and communication of annual benefit enrollment materials.
- Coordinates all employee leaves with third party vendor and ensures compliance with internal sick/leave policy.
- Assists in the development of business processes.
- Responsible for data necessary to complete government compliance activities (5500s, audits, etc.), employee mailings, vendor billings, coordinating data collection and updating numerous reports for management. Assures processes and procedures are in place to capture and maintain consistent and accurate benefit related data. Assists with employee data auditing and reporting.
- Monitors plan limits, eligibility, and other restrictions on plan participation to ensure compliance with both plan provisions and government requirements.
- Researches current benefit trends and regulatory/legislated requirements and recommends programs/changes to the Director, Global Benefits and M&A.
- Compiles, analyzes and reports benefit data and cost in for internal planning and evaluation, as well as best practices and benchmark surveys.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Targeted Experience & Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field with an emphasis in business or finance, or equivalent years professional/analytical experience related to the above described duties.
- 1-3 years’ experience with ERISA, employment, and benefit programs, including flexible benefit programs.
- Prior experience with Workday and Business Solver preferred.
Competencies & Behaviors Needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong financial acumen & budgeting skills
- Collaborative customer service-oriented mentality
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Project management experience to oversee various projects.
- Flexibility to adapt to new and changing priorities.
- Must encourage and foster cooperation and teamwork.
EOE AA M/F/VET/Disability Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, protected veteran status, disability, or any other basis protected by federal, state or local laws.