United States – Remote
Cognizant is seeking Financials Consultants with Financial Management systems experience and expertise in the areas of General Ledger, Billing, Receivables, Procurement, Payables, Expenses, Asset Management and/or Projects. As a Consultant, you will guide clients through the transformation, implementation and operation phases of a Workday implementation. Additionally you must have a technical aptitude and be capable of configuring the product to meet the business requirements and design specifications.
Become a Workday Financials expert with knowledge of design, configuration, testing, and implementation.
Leverage your expertise to recommend the best solution based on the client’s requirements, budget, and timeframe; with the flexibility to adapt the scope as additional needs are identified.
Guide the customer through facilitated design sessions and configuration decisions based on best practices and an understanding of the customer’s unique business requirements at all stages of the project.
Regularly engage and support the client through all phases of the project, ensuring a smooth transfer from legacy systems to the Workday solution.
Perform multiple tasks under limited direction, while regularly keeping the client, your project team and your Engagement Manager abreast of changes or progress related to the project.
Actively participate in update training and internal opportunities to share one’s skills and learnings with others within the organization.
Skills & Requirements:
Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or related field required; Master’s degree, preferred.
2+ years of hands-on functional financials experience with PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP or other ERP financial management systems, required.
Proficiency with business processes including: general ledger, budgeting, cash management, grant management, chart of accounts re-design, procure-to-pay, purchase order conversions, expense management, fixed asset management, and/or order-to-cash, required.
Prior experience leading or managing teams, required.
Report writing experience and/or Workday Financials certification, highly desired.
Thrives in a fast-paced environment, with a solid commitment to detail.
Passion for exceptional customer service and customer collaboration.
Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations.
Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint programs.
Willingness to reach across teams to accomplish defined goals.
Up to 50% travel.
Why choose Cognizant:
- Entrepreneurial environment that welcomes your ideas
- Opportunity to do great work
- Outreach programs that support communities and tap into your volunteer spirit
- Learning opportunities to help current needs and advancement
- Global operations, with opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- An abundance of Affinity groups to meet your needs
Cognizant Core Values:
- Start with a point of view: I apply my expertise to gain trust and to lead our clients forward.
- Seek data, build knowledge: I use facts to guide my actions and decisions.
- Always strive, never settle: I act with agility and creativity, determined to stay one step ahead.
- Work as one: I deliver solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of Cognizant.
- Create conditions for everyone to thrive: I include, enable, and invest in everyone around me.
- Do the right thing, the right way: I always make the ethical choice.