Remote – Alberta
The Workday Financials Functional Architect (Continuous Value Services) is a “go to” Workday Financials leader, expected to provide expert guidance and delivery for functional area engagements. This individual serves as the billable functional leader on Workday Financials post-production support enhancements. This individual is a senior Workday product expert who works closely with Engagement Managers, Managers, functional area leads, and senior client resources. This person will provide overarching strategic guidance and leadership on engagements to ensure a robust and complete solution that meets client needs and allows for future enhancements with limited rework.
- Provide functional leadership on multiple, concurrent Workday functional area Continuous Value Services (CVS) implementations
- Scope, plan, and staff functional area enhancements on Workday CVS Optimizations.
- Lead Consultant on Post-Production enhancements.
- Familiarity with Workday Multicurrency/Revaluation/Consolidations, desired.
- Act as a sounding board and provide ad-hoc advice for EM and leads
- Serve as an advocate and escalation point for the EM and functional team and ensure issues are being addressed
- Oversee Financials Pillars (Procure to Pay, Record to Report and Contracts to cash) on assigned projects, ensuring efficient and accurate design and configuration of the delivered solution
- Help team to understand and adhere to methodology, and provide feedback to appropriate parties internally to support continuous enhancement of our tools and process
- Mentor junior project resources by providing guidance allowing them to learn new skills and functional areas, lead client sessions, and configure the solution
- Ensures cohesive structures and project communications are in place for cross-functional delivery between their area and the following areas, Payroll, Integrations, Financials, Data Conversion, and Reporting
- Support the sales team by:
- Assisting Solution Architects and EMS with estimating projects, as necessary
- Participating in Sales Orals meetings for proposed assignments
- Assisting with or reviewing estimates for Change Orders in functional areas
- Participating in discussions regarding functional areas that may come into scope for project or client
Education & Experience Requirements:
- Current Workday Financials Pillar certification
- Foundation Data Model (FDM) Certification, desired.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Merger and Acquisitions Experience Preferred.
- Workday Post Production Experience Preferred.
- Certified in at least two subspecialties in addition to their area (preferred). Must be able to lead in each of these areas
- Completed 3 full lifecycle Workday Implementations or equivalent post-production support activities (preferred)
- Minimal travel required, but must be willing to travel on-site if needed
Why choose Cognizant:
- Entrepreneurial environment that welcomes your ideas
- Opportunity to do great work
- Outreach programs that support communities and tap into your volunteer spirit
- Learning opportunities to help current needs and advancement
- Global operations, with opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- An abundance of Affinity groups to meet your needs
Cognizant Core Values:
- Start with a point of view: I apply my expertise to gain trust and to lead our clients forward.
- Seek data, build knowledge: I use facts to guide my actions and decisions.
- Always strive, never settle: I act with agility and creativity, determined to stay one step ahead.
- Work as one: I deliver solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of Cognizant.
- Create conditions for everyone to thrive: I include, enable, and invest in everyone around me.
- Do the right thing, the right way: I always make the ethical choice.