United States – Remote
The Workday Functional Architect (Continuous Value Services) is the “go to” support leader, expected to provide expert guidance and delivery for functional area engagements. This individual serves as the billable functional leader on Workday post-production support. The Functional Architect is a Senior Workday product expert who works closely with Engagement Managers, Managers, functional area leads, and senior client resources. The Functional Architect will provide overarching strategic guidance and leadership on engagements to ensure a robust and complete solution that meets customer needs and allows for future enhancements with limited rework.
- Provide functional leadership on multiple, concurrent Workday engagements
- Oversee functional area workshops and customer confirmation sessions on Workday engagements
- Act as a sounding board and provide ad-hoc advice for EM, leads, and clients as necessary
- Serve as an advocate and escalation point for the EM and functional team and ensure issues are being addressed
- Partners with customers needing additional support outside of ticket based requests
- Help team to understand and adhere to methodology, and provide feedback to appropriate parties internally to support continuous enhancement of our tools and process
- Mentor junior project resources by providing guidance allowing them to learn new skills and functional areas, lead customer sessions, and configure the solution
- Utilize Cynergy methodology to deliver Workday implementations
- Continuous commitment to the ongoing optimization of the Cynergy methodology, which includes driving team members to keep these tools current
- Ensures cohesive structures and project communications are in place for cross-functional delivery
Education and Experience Requirements:
- Current Workday certification
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Certified in at least two subspecialties in addition to their area. Must be able to lead in each of these areas. For example, HCM subspecialties must include one of following: Core Compensation, Benefits, or Recruiting
- Completed 3 full lifecycle Workday Implementations
Why choose Cognizant:
- Entrepreneurial environment that welcomes your ideas
- Opportunity to do great work
- Outreach programs that support communities and tap into your volunteer spirit
- Learning opportunities to help current needs and advancement
- Global operations, with opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- An abundance of Affinity groups to meet your needs
Cognizant Core Values:
- Start with a point of view: I apply my expertise to gain trust and to lead our clients forward.
- Seek data, build knowledge: I use facts to guide my actions and decisions.
- Always strive, never settle: I act with agility and creativity, determined to stay one step ahead.
- Work as one: I deliver solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of Cognizant.
- Create conditions for everyone to thrive: I include, enable, and invest in everyone around me.
- Do the right thing, the right way: I always make the ethical choice.