United States – Remote
Collaborative Solutions is seeking a Workday Payroll Principal Consultant. As a Principal Consultant, you will guide clients through the transformation, implementation, and operation phases of a Workday Payroll implementation. Additionally, you must have a technical aptitude and be capable of configuring the product to meet the business requirements and design specifications. The Workday Payroll Principal Consultant will “bridge the gap” between the business and technical teams by solving complex Workday intersystem problems.
- Partner with client to understand pain points, prioritize requirements and identify opportunities to improve processes and gain efficiency by leveraging Workday’s Payroll functionality.
- Lead Workday Payroll implementation activities including discovery, design, configuration, documentation, testing, and project review sessions.
- Identify strategies, risks, and options, recommend approaches and mitigations to meet client/functional requirements.
- Architect Workday Payroll solution to ensure that all work streams are cohesive and cross functional impacts are considered and mitigated.
- Mentor other consultants, actively share knowledge with others to grow our practice.
- Support business development activities such as identification, proposal development, and other pursuit activities
Skills and Requirements:
- 2-5+ years ERP or SaaS HCM and/or Payroll implementations and configuration update experience
- Completion of at least two full Workday Payroll implementations
- Demonstrates expert understanding of cross-functional and integration touchpoints affecting payroll, including direct touchpoints from absence and time tracking.
- Experience with Government and/or Higher Education industries preferred.
- Experience gathering requirements, designing, prototyping, testing, and deploying ERP solutions to meet customer requirements.
- Experience supporting sales process and/or participating in sales presentations to potential clients preferred.
- Passion for exceptional customer service
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Current Workday Payroll certification preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Minimal travel required but must be willing to travel on-site if needed.
Why Choose Collaborative?
- Unlimited paid time off, including volunteer hours, balance days, flexible work schedules, and options to work remotely or out of one of 5 office locations to cultivate personal and professional balance
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) matching program, Medical, Dental, Life, and Vison insurance, and perk benefits such as commuter plans and pet insurance
- Inclusive benefits that support mental health, gender affirmation journeys, caregiving and all paths to parenthood including Carrot Fertility, excellent paid parental leave programs for maternity, paternity, adoption, and surrogacy
- Established Employee Resources Groups (ERG’s) that provide a safe space for employees to build relationships, connect, and develop initiatives to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Open, transparent lines of communication with leadership through Town Halls, internal newsletters, and monthly small group conversations with a member of the executive team
- Committed to giving back to improve our communities and environmental impact
- Opportunities for learning and development through established corporate programs, on and off-site trainings, and on-demand online learning courses
- A people development focused environment where you have autonomy to drive your career path
Collaborative’s Travel Approach
- Throughout the pandemic, Collaborative continued to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in the ecosystem as we worked with our clients to successfully deliver projects remotely
- Because the future is still unknown, some clients will continue to be deployed remotely, while others may desire more face-to face-contact
- We will monitor and adapt as needed, but we do not anticipate travel of more than 25%
- As Balance is a core value at Collaborative, we strive to ensure that Collabies find the right balance in their personal and professional lives, and that includes travel
Who you are:
- You have a Growth Mindset: A belief that abilities can be developed along with a desire to be curious, learn & grow
- You take Initiative: Solve problems by thinking & taking action on solutions rather than waiting for direction
- You take Accountability: Follow through on commitments, take ownership & ensure timeliness
- You Give Back: Leverage your knowledge & expertise to make improvements around you
- You are Resilient: Work through challenges with optimism, agility & adaptability
- You demonstrate Awareness: An ability to understand how your attitudes & actions impact others and adapt your approach accordingl