Workday Student is a mobile-first application that modernizes the way higher education institutions manage student administration. Workday Student an end-to-end student and faculty lifecycle information system that works seamlessly with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Payroll, and Workday Grants Management to help colleges and universities advance their institutions and enable student success.
About the Role
As Analyst Consultant, you will “bridge the gap” between the business and technical teams by solving complex Workday intersystem problems. You will guide clients through the transformation, implementation, and operation phases of a Workday implementation. You must have a technical aptitude and be capable of configuring the system to meet the business requirements and design specifications. This role typically reports to a Manager level position within the Delivery organization.
Learn to become a Workday Student champion and partner closely with your team and customers to achieve excellence in each phase of your projects
Specialize in one component with the opportunity to grow into the others:
Student Recruiting and Admissions
Student Academic Records and Advising
Participate in Workday Student implementation activities including discovery, design, configuration, documentation, testing, and project review sessions
Learn to configure Workday to your customers’ expectations and requirements including core configuration, iLoads, tenant to tenant configuration moves, business processes, security, testing, fit gap analysis, reports, etc.
Master the art of “follow through”. Frequently update your project Lead, manager and Engagement Manager on timeline, tasks, risks, roles & responsibilities, tenant management, data conversion, etc.
Proactively keep yourself abreast of Workday updates and project changes. Seek out opportunities to further your skillset and professional growth. We love initiative!
Skills and Requirements:
Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Workday certifications desired but not required if significant client-side experience exists including subject matter expertise in one of the required functional areas
If you expect to specialize in Student Financials or Financial Aid, background in finances and financial data is required.
Passion for exceptional customer service
Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations
Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
This position will be based in Manila Office.
Global Delivery Center supports 3 regions – APAC, EMEA and NA –work shift assignment may vary.
Why choose Cognizant:
- Entrepreneurial environment that welcomes your ideas
- Opportunity to do great work
- Outreach programs that support communities and tap into your volunteer spirit
- Learning opportunities to help current needs and advancement
- Global operations, with opportunities in North America, Europe and Asia Pacific
- An abundance of Affinity groups to meet your needs
Cognizant Core Values:
- Start with a point of view: I apply my expertise to gain trust and to lead our clients forward.
- Seek data, build knowledge: I use facts to guide my actions and decisions.
- Always strive, never settle: I act with agility and creativity, determined to stay one step ahead.
- Work as one: I deliver solutions that draw upon the full power and scale of Cognizant.
- Create conditions for everyone to thrive: I include, enable, and invest in everyone around me.
- Do the right thing, the right way: I always make the ethical choice.