United States – Remote
Collaborative Solutions is recruiting for upcoming graduates who are looking for an exciting, entry level consulting opportunity starting in the Summer of 2023. We proudly partner with Workday, one of the leading cloud-based software solutions for HR, finance and payroll management. As a Student Associate Consultant at Collaborative Solutions, you will be part of a project team working with customers to get the most out of their Workday Student implementation.
Workday Student is a mobile-first application that modernizes the way higher education institutions manage student administration. Workday Student an end-to-end student and faculty lifecycle information system that works seamlessly with Workday Financial Management, Workday Human Capital Management (HCM), Workday Payroll, and Workday Grants Management to help colleges and universities advance their institutions and enable student success.
Our Student Associate position is best suited for self-starters who are eager to work with higher education institutions and dive head first into all phases of Workday system implementations. We provide world-class, on-the-job training an incredibly supportive network of mentors. Join our dedicated team of experienced Workday implementation professionals and become part of our dynamic, fast-paced, transformation consulting practice.
- Learn to become a Workday Student champion and partner closely with your team and customers to achieve excellence in each phase of your projects.
- Specialize in one component with the opportunity to grow into the others:
- Student Recruiting and Admissions
- Student Financials
- Student Records and Advising
- Financial Aid
- Participate in Workday Student implementation activities including discovery, design, configuration, documentation, testing, and project review sessions.
- Learn to configure Workday to your customers’ expectations and requirements including core configuration, iLoads, tenant to tenant configuration moves, business processes, security, testing, fit gap analysis, reports, etc.
- Master the art of “follow through” and frequently update your project lead, manager and engagement manager on timeline, tasks, risks, roles & responsibilities, tenant management, data conversion, etc.
- Proactively keep yourself abreast of Workday updates and project changes. Seek out opportunities to further your skillset and professional growth. We love initiative!
Skills & Requirements:
- 1 year of work experience in an office environment preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Human Resources, or related field.
- Relevant work experience in a student recruiting/admissions office, student records office, financial aid office or student financials office strongly preferred.
- If you expect to specialize in Student Financials or Financial Aid, experience in a job dealing with finances and financial data.
- Passion for exceptional customer service.
- Strong communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively manage customer expectations.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Minimal travel required, must be willing to travel on-site, if needed.
- This position will be located remotely or based in Pleasanton, CA; Chicago, IL; Atlanta, GA; Reston, VA; or Tampa, FL.
Why Choose Collaborative?
- Unlimited paid time off, including volunteer hours, balance days, flexible work schedules, and options to work remotely or out of one of 5 office locations to cultivate personal and professional balance
- Competitive benefits including 401(k) matching program, Medical, Dental, Life, and Vison insurance, and perk benefits such as commuter plans and pet insurance
- Inclusive benefits that support mental health, gender affirmation journeys, caregiving and all paths to parenthood including Carrot Fertility, excellent paid parental leave programs for maternity, paternity, adoption, and surrogacy
- Established Employee Resources Groups (ERG’s) that provide a safe space for employees to build relationships, connect, and develop initiatives to enhance diversity and inclusion
- Open, transparent lines of communication with leadership through Town Halls, internal newsletters, and monthly small group conversations with a member of the executive team
- Committed to giving back to improve our communities and environmental impact
- Opportunities for learning and development through established corporate programs, on and off-site trainings, and on-demand online learning courses
- A people development focused environment where you have autonomy to drive your career path
Collaborative’s Travel Approach
- Throughout the pandemic, Collaborative continued to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in the ecosystem as we worked with our clients to successfully deliver projects remotely
- Because the future is still unknown, some clients will continue to be deployed remotely, while others may desire more face-to face-contact
- We will monitor and adapt as needed, but we do not anticipate travel of more than 25%
- As Balance is a core value at Collaborative, we strive to ensure that Collabies find the right balance in their personal and professional lives, and that includes travel
Who you are:
- You have a Growth Mindset: A belief that abilities can be developed along with a desire to be curious, learn & grow
- You take Initiative: Solve problems by thinking & taking action on solutions rather than waiting for direction
- You take Accountability: Follow through on commitments, take ownership & ensure timeliness
- You Give Back: Leverage your knowledge & expertise to make improvements around you
- You are Resilient: Work through challenges with optimism, agility & adaptability
- You demonstrate Awareness: An ability to understand how your attitudes & actions impact others and adapt your approach accordingly
Collaborative Solutions Covid-19 Vaccine Policy
Collaborative Solutions has implemented an Interim Covid-19 vaccine policy that requires employees who are required or choose to be at an office to be fully vaccinated. Additionally, there may be specific clients who have vaccination policies in place that require only fully-vaccinated individuals to be onsite. At this time, our vaccination policy applies to roles where job duties can only be performed from an office location or require onsite presence as determined by the employee’s manager or client. Anyone unable to be fully vaccinated, either because of a sincerely held religious belief or a medical condition or disability that prevents them from being fully vaccinated, can request a reasonable accommodation.