CSN – North Las Vegas Campus
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected] or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.
*This position is OPEN until Filled. Please Note: Based on the volume of applications received this recruitment may close at any time. Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
The College of Southern Nevada, Applied Technologies Department is recruiting for an Administrative Assistant (AA) II in the Engineering Technology Program on the North Las Vegas Campus.
- AA II will provide administrative support to the Department Chair, Program Director, Faculty and Staff of Applied Technologies Program. The AA II will take meeting minutes, submit textbook orders, input semester schedule into MyCSN- working with other program AA’s to coordinate rooms. They will place orders, maintain the program budget, and coordinate delivery of items.
- The AA II will process New Hire documents as needed, generate period-activity-pay contracts for part-time faculty as well as overload contracts for full-time faculty each semester. The AA II will work to ensure all period activity pays are done in a timely manner according to payment schedules.
- The AA II will establish and maintain working relationships with personnel within this and other departments to facilitate processing of departmental business. They will answer phones, take and deliver messages, greet students and visitors, and provide guidance and information regarding department courses and programs, CSN policies and procedures.
- The AA II will create and maintain department files, whether electronic or hard copy per the Program Director.
- The AA II will engage and participate in campus activities such as school events. They will demonstrate a willingness to assist other staff as necessary.
- Graduation from high school or equivalent education and two years of clerical and administrative support experience which included experience in one or more of the following areas: maintaining records and files; preparing a variety of materials using a personal computer or word processor; assisting customers in completing forms and applications; and/or performing secretarial duties in support of professional staff;
- OR one year of experience as an Administrative Assistant I in Nevada State service;
- OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with Workday, Peoplesoft/MyCSN, BSDPRO
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Specifically Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience working in post-secondary setting
- Experience working with diverse population
Grade 25, Step 1 – $34,305.84
Per Nevada Administrative Code (NAC 284.170), salaries for initial appointments for classified positions typically begin at Step 1. The College of Southern Nevada offers a competitive benefits package, including an excellent PERS retirement plan (a defined benefit plan), generous vacation & sick benefits, 11 paid holidays, educational benefits, and a choice between three health insurance plans that can be supplemented with flexible spending accounts or health savings accounts.
Resume, Cover Letter, 3 references or Letters of Recommendation
Posting Close Date
Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.