It’s exciting to work for a company that makes the world measurably better.
We’re committed to bringing safety, quality, and customer focus to the business of advanced ceramics manufacturing.
Global Compensation Manager
As the Global Compensation Manager you will be accountable for the compensation philosophy and day to day administration of broad-based compensation programs. The Global Compensation Manager is expected to be a subject matter expert in compensation with experience in compensation program design, administration and data analytics. Acts as an internal consultant and strategic business adviser to the Executive Team, global HR team and other internal stakeholders (e.g. Finance, Legal, Commercial, Operations, Technology, etc.). The Manager of Global Compensation makes recommendations, and influences CoorsTek’s strategic direction towards reward programs and workforce planning that meet current and future business needs. Partners with the CPO and HR VP Operations & Total Rewards, on executive compensation design, governance, and administration, including board presentations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leads the design and development of the company’s broad-based wage and salary programs, policies, guidelines, and structures including competitive short- and long-term incentive plans for management, frontline, and sales staff as appropriate per business unit and or at corporate level.
- Ensures alignment with CoorsTek rewards philosophy, participates in the review of market data and development of market reference ranges, including report development, analysis of market data, movement recommendations, compensation policy development and costing for all countries CoorsTek operates in.
- Directs annual market survey and recommendations regarding changes in compensation plans; oversees all activity related to published compensation surveys throughout the year and audits survey output, market trends and competitive pay positions to ensure CoorsTek’s plans meet overall company goals and objectives. Ensures timely and accurate completion of salary/wage surveys.
- Develops a comprehensive understanding of business issues and priorities around employee compensation; effectively analyzes and diagnoses problems; provides clear advice and recommendations to help the business make sound compensation decisions.
- Plans, organizes, and manages compensation processes and projects, ensuring efficient and effective utilization of resources while serving as compensation subject matter expert.
- Oversees job analysis and the development of new job descriptions by evaluating, leveling, and pricing new positions; converting relative job worth into monetary values to be administered according to pay-scale guidelines and policy. Consults with management about the appropriate positioning of jobs within the current range structure.
- Collaborates with leadership across the organization on major compensation-related initiatives, linking programs to overall compensation philosophy and corporate culture.
- Ensures effective administration of market pricing job evaluation systems, maintenance of global career framework and Workday HRIS compensation business processes.
- Designs and implements base pay, annual short-term, and multi-year long term incentive programs both domestically and internationally.
- Ensures compensation programs support the organization’s strategic objectives and identifies solutions and opportunities that leverage current industry trends.
- Periodically reviews internal pay equity between like employees, reporting any concerns to appropriate leadership.
- Leads regular compression reviews, modeling financial impact and presenting recommendations to leadership and Finance
- Provides input and influences the development of ongoing total rewards strategy in support of employee experience framework.
- Develops communication and training strategies around pay transparency, market pricing, pay for performance, employee base pay determination and incentive plans.
- Proactively monitors, tracks, and evaluates effectiveness of various compensation programs including shift differential, spot bonuses and other one-time payment programs.
- Plans, builds, and successfully executes core compensation processes including the annual compensation review cycle, salary structure development, market surveys, incentive plan modeling, budgeting, accruals, funding, allocation, and payment processing.
- Presents, influences, and advises executives on compensation matters with proven credibility at the executive level.
- Provides analysis and administrative support of sales compensation and executive compensation programs as needed.
- Develops compensation reports and analytics such as wage and salary analysis upon leadership request.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Certified Compensation Professional preferred, Advanced degree desirable.
- 10+ years of progressive experience in the analysis and administration of global compensation programs including a background in rewards strategies, such as base pay architecture, incentive plan design and administration, labor laws, and differentiated reward programs.
- Experience with statistical analysis and workforce analytics trends and best practices. Experience with Workday Core and Advanced Compensation.
Functional/Technical Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Ability to handle highly sensitive data confidentially.
- Extremely strong analytical and quantitative skills and a track record for planning, leading and auditing work. The ability to identify gaps in program design and errors in data should they exist.
- Results oriented and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects in a demanding, fast-paced environment.
- Highly detailed driven with emphasis on accuracy, coupled with the ability to see the broader picture.
- Ability to work independently, take on responsibility and be agile in a fast-paced, change-oriented environment.
- Superior consultation skills and the ability to seek out information and provide quality advice.
- Experience with implementing and administering HR / Compensation technologies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills for internal presentations that demonstrate business acumen.
- Ability to create dynamic tools and models to interpret and analyze data.
- Knowledge of the external market landscape, including planning design strategies.
- Ability to translate data and complex ideas into a story.
- Exceptional excel modeling and quantitative abilities.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Highly proficient in Excel, data analysis, generating reports, ad-hoc requests.
- Must be able to work with a diverse variety of people from different cultures and backgrounds.
Target Hiring Range
Annual Salary: $104,189.00 – $143,260.00
Actual compensation is commensurate with experience, skills and education. CoorsTek strives to give all qualified applicants equal opportunity and to make selection decisions on job related factors. Do not provide any information on the application which will indicate your race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
If you like working for a company that makes a real difference in the world, you’ll enjoy your career with us!