Covenant Living of Turlock – Turlock, CA
We Are Inspired to Serve. Join us!
This position is accountable for effectively using scheduling tools and interpreting points of data to make good business decisions in scheduling healthcare staff. Effective scheduling will ensure regulatory compliance, minimize overtime utilization, optimize / reduce and eliminate the use of agency services, reduce over-staffing situations, and consistently balance staffing levels in real time against admissions and discharges. This role is responsible for campus level scheduling for all Healthcare, including both Assisted Living and Skilled Nursing.
Utilize staffing tools and data points, such as OnShift, Workday and daily healthcare meetings, to make informed decisions about staffing requirements. Adjust, balance, and flex scheduling as needed to ensure regulatory compliance, optimize ratios and control costs. Schedule based on budgeted HPPD, analysis of overtime costs, agency expenditures, census, and daily admissions / discharges.
Monitor overtime and agency usage trends. Anticipate potential overtime and prevent it from occurring due to effective staffing. Respond timely to overtime / agency usage if incurred to minimize impact. Partner with Healthcare Leadership to effectively reduce overtime and agency costs. Utilize weekly overtime reports and agency reporting tools to make decisions.
Maintain the master healthcare schedule and assure daily needs are met, as well as addressing and resolving long term trends. May involve scheduling new staff for orientation with department, managing absences and finding replacements, and finding staff to fill open shifts. Communicate with Director of Nursing on a regular basis regarding schedule change requests, vacation requests, unscheduled absences, or other staffing needs.
Identify opportunities for flexible staffing based on business trends. Make recommendations for cross-training in order to better utilize resources. Negotiate with team members to realize opportunities for more optimal staffing, such as flexing team member schedules based on business needs. Develop and recommend creative staffing opportunities and solutions.
Responsible for PBJ entries and ensuring that staff hours are coded correctly.
Monitor and correct (as needed) employee time punches in Workday system. Input agency staff hours, as required, in both OnShift and Workday. Track attendance and inform Director of Nursing / Assisted Living Director of problem areas.
As needed, communicate needs with supplemental staffing agencies and complete records for agency staff.
As needed, may assist with scheduling transportation / rides for residents.
As needed, may act as designated person to schedule required employee training for staff.
Other duties as assigned or as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
Required Degree: High school diploma
- Healthcare background, such as skilled nursing or assisted living, is preferred.
- Previous scheduling or healthcare staffing experience is a plus.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Detail oriented and organized.
- Able to multi-task and work quickly, under changing circumstances and priorities.
- Strong computer skills. Experience in OnShift and Workday is a plus. MS Suite is desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent negotiation skills and abilities.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills to navigate interactions with a wide variety of people.
- Must be able to build positive working relationships within the campus, as well as building external relationships as needed.
- Continuous improvement mindset and able to make ongoing recommendations to improve process.
For full time employees, we offer a generous benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Employer paid group term life and disability
- Paid Time Off (PTO) & six paid holidays
- 403(b) with a 3% employer match
- Fitness center use at most facilities.
- Various voluntary benefits:
- Life, AD&D
- Tuition assistance and scholarships
- Employee assistance program
- Legal services, home/auto insurance, discount purchasing program
- Pet Insurance
Covenant Living and CovenantCare at Home are equal opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.