New York, NY
Who We Are
Creative Artists Agency (CAA) is the leading entertainment and sports agency, with global expertise in filmed and live entertainment, digital media, publishing, sponsorship sales and endorsements, media finance, consumer investing, fashion, trademark licensing, and philanthropy. Distinguished by its culture of collaboration and exceptional client service, CAA’s diverse workforce identifies, innovates, and amplifies opportunities for the people and organizations that shape culture and inspire the world. The trailblazer of the agency business, CAA was the first to build a sports business, create an investment bank, launch a venture fund, found technology start-up companies, establish a philanthropic arm, build a business in China, and form a brand marketing services division, among other innovations. Named Most Valuable Sports Agency by Forbes for eight consecutive years, CAA represents more than 2,000 of the world’s top athletes in football, baseball, basketball, hockey, soccer, in addition to coaches, on-air broadcasters, and sports personalities and works in the areas of broadcast rights, corporate marketing initiatives, social impact, and sports properties for sales and sponsorship opportunities. Founded in 1975, CAA is headquartered in Los Angeles, and has offices in New York, Nashville, Memphis, Chicago, Miami, London, Munich, Geneva, Stockholm, Shanghai, and Beijing, among other locations globally.
Our Human Resources Department is seeking an energetic, dependable and personable HR Assistant with excellent communication skills and strong problem-solving capabilities to join our team. The candidate must demonstrate confidence in meeting tight deadlines and exhibit strong communication skills while managing multiple projects; attention to detail is a must.
- Processes all HR employee data transactions in Workday (HRIS), including new hire, rehire, status changes, personal changes, transfers, promotions, terminations and sick/vacation time.
- Provides administrative support to HRBP and HR professional, including phones, calendars, travel and expenses.
- Responds to desk coverage requests and coordinate floater assignments.
- Support HR’s planning and execution of all employee engagement and office events.
- Responds to requests for ad hoc reports and analytics.
- Delivers new hire orientation to staff-level employees, and coordinates assistant desk training schedules to new assistants.
- Processes and audits all new hire paperwork as it is received, which includes following up with employees, managers, payroll, or HR team members as needed.
- Prepares exit paperwork for departing employees.
- Collects, reviews, and audits all documents for employee personnel files.
- Responds to general questions regarding HR policies, systems, and benefits with a sense of urgency.
- Provide ancillary support in managing time and attendance for the NY office, including vacation, sick, and non-exempt timesheets, as well as daily agency assistant staffing.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum one (1) year relevant experience
- Direct Workday HRIS experience a plus
- Demonstrated organizational, critical thinking, interpersonal, planning, problem solving, and business analytical skills. Demonstrated ability to learn new concepts and functionality quickly and to work collaboratively as part of a team.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to maintain the highest level of confidentiality and discretely handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Possess the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Needs to be a team player who is approachable and supportive; able to contribute ideas and recommendations.
This role is Hybrid, based out of the New York office.
Compensation: The base hourly rate for this position is in the range of $22.00 – $26.00. This position also is eligible for benefits and discretionary bonus. Ultimately, wages may vary based upon, but not limited to, relevant experience, time in role, business sector, and geographic location, among other criteria. Please talk with a CAA Recruiter to learn more.
Please provide complete and legible information. An incomplete application may affect your consideration for employment.
Creative Artists Agency, LLC (the “Company”) is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate on the basis of race (inclusive of traits historically associated with race, including hair texture and protective hairstyles), color, religion, creed, gender or sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), national origin, ancestry, age, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, family and medical care leave status, military or veteran status, marital status, family status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, political affiliation, an employee’s or their dependent’s reproductive health decision making (e.g., the decision to use or access a particular drug, device or medical service), or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The Company also complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local laws with regard to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities.
CAA does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless they were contractually engaged by CAA to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any such employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the acknowledgement and agreement that CAA will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.