Credit Acceptance is proud to be an award-winning company with local and national workplace recognition in multiple categories! Our world-class culture is shaped by dedicated Team Members who share a drive to succeed as professionals and together as a company. A great product, amazing people and our stable financial history have made us one of the largest used car finance companies nationally.
Our IT and Analytics Team Members utilize the latest technology to develop, monitor, and maintain complex practices that help optimize our success. Our Team Members value being challenged, are encouraged to express their ideas, and have the flexibility to enjoy work life balance. We build intrinsic value by partnering with all functions of our business to support their success and make strategic business decisions. We focus on professional development and continuous improvement while enjoying a casual work environment and Great Place to Work culture!
As an Application Developer, you will partner with cross-functional teams to design, develop, test and implement features and code. You will also help end users understand application features to accomplish their business goals and partner with Database and Middleware Administrators to achieve great application performance.
This Application Developer is on our IT Originations Team.
Outcomes and Activities
- This position will work from home; occasional planned travel to an office location may be required. However, this position is permitted to work at an office location if requested by the team member.
- Design, code, test, and deliver insightful and architecturally sound business solutions around high complexity work
- Document code and projects so others can easily understand, maintain and support
- Fulfill customer requirements according to project/enhancement specifications
- Apply team coding, documenting and testing standards and recommend process improvements
- Improve application and team processes
- Anticipates the impact of a change or project across multiple systems
- Communicate application changes clearly, concisely, and objectively, both verbally and in writing
- Learn the business process domain to better support the business
- Decrease incidents and increase up-time by developing quality code and testing
Competencies: The following items detail how you will be successful in this role.
- Development: Develops solutions using standards and best practices of the applications language. Writes code that implements the design that is testable, extensible, efficient and maintainable.
- Impact Analysis: Understand the rationale behind and how changes impact the enterprise and/or applications and across the technical ecosystem.
- Solution Design: Ability to translate high level requirements to create and implement designs that meet the needs of the customer, are technically sound, maintainable and cost effective. Ability to identify missing or ambiguous requirements. Ability to design at both high and low levels of abstraction, understand complex requirements and translate into understandable solutions. Ability to accurately estimate based on requirements.
- Technical Domain: Have an understanding of the technical domain, including the application architecture, design and data of the application they support and systems to which it interfaces.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or closely related field of study; or equivalent work experience
- Mid Level: 2-3 years of Workday Studio XSLT Language
- Senior Level: 4+ years of Workday Studio XSLT Language
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience
- Practical experience in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall and Agile/SCRUM
- Willingness to participate in an on-call rotation
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience using web servers, applications servers, and RDBMS
- Experience with JSON, AJAX, SOA, Rest/SOAP based Web Services, JUnit, Jenkins and Bitbucket
- Experience in API security, analytics, throttling, caching, logging, request and response modifications etc.
- Experience in creating REST API documentation using Swagger and RAML or similar tools desirable
- Experienced with Object-Oriented Design (OOD)
- Knowledge of SQL procedures and functions and complex SQL Queries
Targeted Compensation: $78,391-$129,553 base salary + an annual bonus
This position is not currently open to individuals who require sponsorship now or in the future to work legally for Credit Acceptance, such as H-1b/H-4 or F-1 OPT visa holders.
Our Company Values:
To be successful in this role, Team Members need to be:
- Positive by maintaining resiliency and focusing on solutions
- Respectful by collaborating and actively listening
- Insightful by cultivating innovation, accumulating business and role specific knowledge, demonstrating self-awareness and making quality decisions
- Direct by effectively communicating and conveying courage
- Earnest by taking accountability, applying feedback and effectively planning and priority setting
- Remain compliant with our policies processes and legal guidelines
- All other duties as assigned
- Attendance as required by department
We understand that your career search may look different than others. Our hiring team wants to make sure that this would be a fit not just for us, but for you long term. If you are actively looking or starting to explore new opportunities, send us your application!
We have great details around our stats, success, history and more. We’re proud of our culture and are happy to share why – let’s talk!
Required degrees must have been earned at institutions of Higher Education which are accredited by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation or equivalent.
Credit Acceptance is dedicated to providing an inclusive environment for all. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and value a culturally diverse workforce. We believe in ensuring all team members demonstrate mutual respect for one another. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to protected characteristics like age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
California Residents: Please click here for the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) notice regarding the personal information Credit Acceptance may collect from you.
Play the video below to learn more about our Company culture.