Work From Home
HR Operations Project Manager
Wolfspeed is in search of an HR Operations Project Manager who will be responsible organizing, managing, and planning cross-functional HR projects including system implementations, performance review processes, employee engagement surveys, etc. typically, from initiation through delivery. In addition to project management of defined projects, this role will coordinate cross-functional teams to identify and analyze business problems and design solutions that are a variety of complexity. This role will work closely with our Workforce Systems team to creatively leverage technology (Workday, ServiceNow, Kronos, etc.) to support processes during solution design.
To be successful in this role, one should be unafraid to experiment, have a seek to understand attitude, be drawn to problem solving, have strong leadership skills, and push for results that realize value. This role requires someone who is resourceful, willing to share ideas, thrives in the unknown, and ready to challenge the status quo to ensure exceptional customer service and improved processes. Change management will be critical in this role.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Plan, coordinate, and execute a variety of small – medium sized HR projects that incorporate business, functional, and technical aspects such as implementation and enhancements of HR third-party systems, policy updates, and the mid-year talent review process
- Gain a clear understanding of business needs by collaborating with business and HR customers and translate needs into defined/documented requirements and actionable items
- Drive continuous improvement and ensure consistency and scalability in HR practices when crafting solutions to business problems and process enhancements
- Build strategic project plans that include change management/communication
- Provide all necessary logistical and administrative support for projects to include scheduling of meetings, meeting facilitation, status updates, etc.
- Support HR Technology involvement such as Workday Releases, ServiceNow and Workday enhancements, Kronos Dimensions, etc.
- Proactively identify customer impacting problems and process improvement opportunities by looking at things from all angles and apply in-depth knowledge of HR systems, policies, and processes to craft a solution consulting cross-functional team member, as needed
- Implement identified process improvements that enhance the customer experience, as well as operational efficiency
- Develop deep functional understanding of Workday functionality including recommending and implementing improvements to meet internal customer needs
- Contribute to a high-performing, motivated team by applying interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Be tenacious about details as you problem solve and utilize case management to accurately capture customer support activities.
- Participate and support teams, projects, and other Operational Success responsibilities and tasks, as needed.
Requirements and characteristics of success:
- Experience in an HR Generalist type role
- Experience in project management supporting HR centers of excellence including ensuring project goals are met and value is realized
- Human resources certification (SHRM/PHR) and/or project management certification is a plus. Willing to pay for exams if not held.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Demonstrated high level of technical skills in select computer applications (MS Office: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Teams, etc.).
- Excellent collaboration, influencing and problem resolution skills. Highly flexible, self-directed, self-motivated and adapts easily to a rapidly changing environment.
- Solid verbal and written communication / customer service skills and ability to communicate clearly and concisely.
- Solid teamworking skills and ability to handle a fast-paced, deadline intensive environment.
- Demonstrate curiosity and be proactive in working with others on operational improvements, process improvements and training opportunities.
- Experience with ServiceNow and Workday is a plus.
- Experience in an HR shared service center environment is a plus.
Integrity and Respect
We always act with integrity and respect for our people, workplace and community. Relationships matter. We value everyone’s contribution and an environment of spirited and open debate. We do the right thing, and we say, “Thank You.”
Ingenuity and Passion
Our passion for making the world better through innovation means we take risks and question conventional thinking, developing new technologies and ways of doing business – leading the way, every single day. We do what others say can’t be done.
Ownership and Accountability
We are accountable to each other and committed to the highest standards of work and behavior. We succeed or fail together.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.