Des Moines IA
As the Workday HRIS Analyst at Crescent Electric Supply Co. you will have a primary focus on implementation, support and maintenance of the Human Resource Information Management System (Workday). This position serves as a technical point-of- contact for information systems supporting HR planning and operations and training the HR Team to become self-sufficient where possible.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Works under the general supervision of the Director of HR as well as the SVP/CHRO, who assigns responsibilities and sets goals and objectives.
Leads, administers and maintains information systems without the need for assistance other than higher level, external technical support when necessary
Maintains current knowledge of HR operations and activities, bargaining agreements and contracts, employment related laws and regulations and District personnel and payroll policies.
Applies HR functional knowledge in optimizing HR information systems support.
Leads the review, testing and implementation of HR information system upgrades or patches.
Collaborates with functional and technical staff to coordinate application of upgrade or fix.
Maintains system data tables and information
Qualifications & Skills:
- Demonstrated knowledge of HR functional operations, Payroll and HR information systems, principles, methods, and practices.
- Knowledge and demonstrated skill in data and data base management methods and practices.
- Skill in planning, organizing, and managing workload and priorities.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent in HR, information systems, or related functions.
- Requires five (5) years of a combination of professional experience in information systems management, payroll and human resources
- Able to work in an environment with frequent interruptions and changing tasks and priorities.
- Ability to effectively communicate on complex issues with a high level of effectiveness.
- Able to organize work and set priorities for accomplishing work in a timely and effective manner.
- Workday experience strongly preferred.
Total Rewards and Benefits
Crescent Electric’s compensation package includes an array of top-tier benefit options, including:
- Eligibility for health, and dental, vision coverage, 401(k) plan, and flexible spending accounts, subject to plan terms.
- Eligibility for company-paid benefits such as life insurance, short-term disability, long-term care, and Employee Assistance Program, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Excused Absence time off and Paid Time Off (PTO).
- Company-paid holidays.
- Other benefits for which you may be eligible includes supplemental life insurance, hospital indemnity, and accident and critical illness benefits with cancer coverage.
- Eligibility: Employees are eligible for health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits on the first of the month following 30 days of employment. Employees who are 21 years of age or older will be automatically enrolled in the company’s 401(k) plan once they achieve 90 days of employment.
Family Owned. Culture of Quality. Opportunities to Advance.
Crescent is transforming and we are on a mission to power the communities we serve through teamwork and relentless customer focus. We have a vision of uncompromising teamwork committed to becoming the industry leader for our employees, suppliers, and shareholders. At Crescent, you will have the opportunity to develop professionally, grow personally and have the flexibility to balance your life’s priorities. Let’s serve together. Let’s power our communities together. Let’s become THE industry leaders…together.
Crescent Electric Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Candidates are subject to pre-employment assessments, Motor Vehicle Record review, criminal background checks, references check, and a post-offer drug screen.