Durham, North Carolina
Cubic offers an opportunity to provide innovative technology for government and commercial customers around the globe, helping to solve their future problems today. We’re the leading integrator of payment and information technology and services for intelligent travel solutions worldwide, and the leading provider of realistic combat training systems, secure communications and networking and highly specialized support services for military and security forces of the U.S. and allied nations. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and thrive in an innovative environment, we want to talk to you about your next role at Cubic! We are seeking employees inspired by technology, and motivated by the rewards of hard work, commitment, teamwork, quality, integrity, and respect. We invite you to explore opportunities with Cubic.
The HR (Human Resources) Manager will oversee all aspects of human resources and practice and processes for their assigned business unit. They are the go-to person for all aspects of employee-related issues and will be involved in job design, recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training, and development. Promoting the company values and shaping a positive culture is essential. This position typically works under general supervision and direction. Incumbents of this position will regularly exercise discretionary and substantial decision-making authority.
Location: Onsite in Durham, NC
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partner directly with the business unit leader to implement strategies with business leaders to meet both long-term and short-term business goals.
- Build strong, effective relationships and gain knowledge of the business to enable effective decision-making.
- Build strong collaborative working relationships Collaborate with the Corporate headquarters HR function including collaborating with the COE to meet the needs of the business. May develop policies and procedures to meet local needs.
- Manage the recruitment and selection process. Working with the leaders to identify headcount needs, organization design, and role design.
- Enable an effective employee experience from candidate selection to onboarding.
- Support management in designing new positions in line with job families and working with the compensation team guide on appropriate grade/salary levels. Support managers in interviewing senior roles.
- Coach and guide managers (considering best practice, local law, cultural and company policies) in terms of; talent acquisition, organizational design, performance management, succession planning, employee relations, engagement, and change programs.
- Analyses trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs, and policies.
- Partners with the client group to implement Talent Management strategies including high potential identification, succession planning and annual talent review; works directly with people leaders and prepare workshop materials when appropriate.
- Monitors annual performance management and goal setting processes and proactively coach employees and managers; helps conduct training.
- Supports employee engagement activities: annual employee survey, focus groups, action planning and metrics; research employee recognition trends.
- Responsible for managing employee relations, responds to employee inquiries regarding practices, policies, and information.
- Assists in employee terminations, conducts employee exit interviews and performs turnover trend analysis.
- Proactively investigates and resolves employee relations issues.
- Regularly maintains the human resources information system (Workday)
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Four-year college degree in Human Resources or business area plus ten years of experience working as HR Generalist; SHRM/PHR/SHRM-CP certifications highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws
- Able to critically assess complex situations and architect effective solutions. In-depth working knowledge of HR best practices.
- Proven record of accomplishment of managing recruitment sourcing to onboarding.
- Prior Workday experience preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs, prior experience with confidential information; capable of professionally mature judgment.
- Exceptional communication skills — conversational and written. Intellectually curious; comfortable asking probing questions and conducting research.
- Capable of handling multiple projects/initiatives simultaneously; results-focused.
- Must be results oriented with the ability to prioritize rapidly
- Active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, take initiative, execution-oriented and perform effectively in a global matrix environment.
- Able to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company and able to prioritize and balance workload to meet deadlines.
- US Citizenship is required.