Austin, Texas, USA
Senior Payroll Tax Analyst
Job Description Summary
- Manage control and reporting processes to ensure payroll tax calculations are accurate and that tax filing payments and returns are remitted timely and accurately.
- Ensures preparation for, and compliance with, audits such as internal, state, federal, etc.
- Provide taxation rules of new pay and deduction codes set up in the payroll system.
- Subject matter expert for payroll tax issues including state taxation compliance/regulations and all issues affecting the taxation on employees pay checks.
- Monitor and stay informed of state, federal, local/provincial tax laws, ensuring compliance.
- Point person for payroll tax regulations and compliance. Advise organization on taxation changes and the impact of the employee withholdings and taxes.
- Act as tax liaison with the third-party vendor and all government agencies at the federal, state and local levels to resolve any disputes.
- Manger the review, testing, and approval of all tax updates received by a third-party vendor.
- Work closely with IT and Business Analysts to ensure accurate and timely configuration updates to meet government regulations.
- Ensure process documentation and standard operating procedures are maintained and current at all times.
- Identify and implement process improvements for accuracy and efficiency of payroll tax operations.
- Manage the reconciliation and generation of W2’s. Work with third party vendor to review and correct any issues.
- Manage the W2-C process.
- Ensure all amended returns are filed timely and accurately.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Knowledge of Ceridian or ADP payroll systems required
- Workday experience is a plus
- Advance Payroll Tax Knowledge of all states is required
- Canadian Payroll experience required
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Ability to interact with C-Suite level executives
Cushman & Wakefield also provides eligible employees with an opportunity to enroll in a variety of benefit programs, generally including health, vision, and dental insurance, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, retirement savings plans, life, and disability insurance programs, and paid and unpaid time away from work. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, Cushman and Wakefield provide eligible employees with competitive pay, which may vary depending on eligibility factors such as geographic location, date of hire, total hours worked, job type, business line, and applicability of collective bargaining agreements.
The compensation that will be offered to the successful candidate will depend on factors such as whether the position is covered by a collective bargaining agreement, the geographic area in which the work will be performed, market pay rates in that area, and the candidate’s experience and qualifications.
The company will not pay less than minimum wage for this role.
Cushman & Wakefield provides equal employment opportunity. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated. Cushman & Wakefield is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments Act (ADAAA), if you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a position at Cushman & Wakefield, please call the ADA line at 1-888-365-5406 or email HRServices@cushwake.com. Please refer to the job title and job location when you contact us.