Human Resources Generalist – Austin Corporate Office
CWS Purpose: “Enhancing Lives the CWS Way”
Honoring Our Word
Do what you say you will do.
- Employ thoughtful and careful consideration when making a commitment.
- Take ownership of your commitment.
- Follow through on promises consistently.
Ethical Dealings are Paramount
Do the right thing all the time, every time.
- Be open and honest in all situations, especially when it’s difficult to be so.
- Respect confidentiality and protect privacy.
- Put other employees, residents, and investors before yourself.
- Charge fair and appropriate fees to our investors.
A Respect for People
Treat others the way you want to be treated.
- Use honest, thoughtful, and specific communication.
- Be responsible for how you are heard.
- Be transparent and inclusive.
- Share information timely and consistently.
- Have empathy — search for the truth and be intentionally slow to understand.
Requirement for Profitability and Sustainability
Bring value to our employees, residents and investors in a company designed for the long term.
- Promote mindful spending.
- Be efficient.
- Be forward thinking.
- Grow with courage.
- Be team oriented.
A Demand for Excellence with a Sense of Urgency
Be intentional. Be accurate. Be timely. CARE.
- Go above and beyond.
- Get after it.
- Hold yourself and each other accountable.
- Inspect what you expect.
- Communicate what matters most.
- Delight the customer.
Human Resources Department Purpose: Attracting, retaining & inspiring people.
The HR Generalist position plays a vital role in providing professional HR support across various areas. This includes employee relations, on-boarding, benefits, leave administration, and overall HCM operations. The main objective of this role is to foster a positive and engaged work environment, while partnering with managers for coaching and counseling of team members.
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain relationships with both employees and management.
- Accurately assess and address employee issues and needs in partnership with managers.
- Investigate and resolve complex or critical employee relations concerns in a timely and effective manner.
- Assist in the administration of leave of absences including Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), company leave, and ADA.
- Process HR related transactions in the Human Resource Information System (HRIS).
- Conduct project work associated with policies and procedures, human resources processes, employee relations, performance management and job descriptions.
- Ability to conduct employee trainings on HR-related topics.
- Administer new-hire employee orientation.
- Maintain consistent knowledge of federal, state, and local regulations concerning employment law.
- Perform other related duties as required.
- Minimum 3–5 years of HR generalist experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field preferred.
- PHR certification or SHRM-CP certification preferred.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) skills preferred.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Extremely well-organized, with a high level of attention to detail.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively.
- Ability to adapt to changing schedules and priorities.
- Computer proficiency, particularly in Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Experience working with Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) systems, experience with Workday a plus.
- High level of professionalism and the ability to protect sensitive and confidential information.
No direct reports.
Physical demands and work environment: The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed.
- Requires the ability to exert physical effort in sedentary to light work.
- Tasks may involve extended periods of time at keyboard or workstation.
- Some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of objects and materials of light weight (5-10 pounds).