Work From Home, MN (USA)
Datasite is the industry leader in technology solutions that enable mergers, acquisitions, initial public offerings, restructuring and other critical capital transactions in more than 170 countries. We provide the world’s leading investment banks, private equity firms, law firms and corporations with tools to simplify, streamline and accelerate the due diligence process, helping them close more deals, faster. We are a global team of high-energy, passionate people. We have strong individual voices but we work as a team, bringing out the best in each other. We thrive under pressure and always keep the customer at the heart of everything we do.
Datasite is looking for an experienced Finance Systems Business Analyst, Principal to join our Workday Center of Excellence. If you are a Finance whiz and a technology enthusiast, this is very likely your dream job! The analyst will be part of a team that offers global financial solutions, operational support and opportunity to lead change throughout the company. Support the Workday Adaptive Planning deployment and, after go-live provide daily system support, participate in project activity, product feature requests and drive the adoption of system enhancements. The analyst will work with Finance and other internal stakeholders to understand business requirements, configure, test and implement Workday functionality to meet the Finance department’s technology needs. The analyst will develop necessary financial models, analytics, dashboards, KPI’s and reports necessary to support the business. Plan, implement and coordinate system upgrades, enhancements, integrations and maintenance.
You have a Finance background, advanced technical skills and demonstrated ability to deliver Workday solutions that best meet business objectives. You are a team player and a life-long learner. You are comfortable owning business relationships, running meetings with project stakeholders. You understand Datasite’s business, our system landscape, our functionalities and structure of our metadata. You understand dependencies, risks and cross-functional system impacts. You can lead change management, communication and training to drive adoption and roll-out new functionality to system users. You view the business as your customer and bring initiative, self-direction and ability to meet deadlines while understanding when to escalate issues and risks.
- Meet/exceed customer (internal and external) expectations through proactive communication and business partnership; act and think with customers in mind
- Review stakeholder input critically and play a role in designing and recommending the best solutions for Datasite’s overall objectives
- Adhere to change management, maintain data integrity and establish a well-controlled systems environment by defining, documenting and enforcing system standards
- Participate in regular review of Adaptive Planning, FIN and HCM systems projects. Work with stakeholders to validate, sign-off and prioritize work to align with company priorities.
- Demonstrate accountability for solutions delivered and overall work quality. Understand technical systems infrastructure and company business processes and workflow.
- Create technical configuration including business process workflow, custom fields, custom validations, integrations and access rights. Review and analyze spreadsheet based financial models and re-engineer into Adaptive Planning, develop custom reports and dashboards.
- Perform Workday administration including security maintenance, tenant configuration, master data management, data loads, integrations and upgrades
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify process or system improvements that drive the most value
- Develop and maintain necessary end user training procedures, guidelines and standard operating policies (SOPs) and data/workflow diagrams
- Provide daily operational support, training and increase user engagement
- Own and monitor all integrations for Adaptive Planning and resolve integration issues
- Provide incident management. Perform troubleshooting and resolve production issues timely.
- Continuously develop new technical knowledge and maintain proficiency and certification in Workday Adaptive Planning, Core Financials and Advanced Report Writing
- Strong interpersonal skills, as well as excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Genuine intellectual curiosity for solving business problems and challenges unique to the M&A market with elegant efficient solutions
- Ambitious work ethic, go-getter mindset and passion to drive results
- Resourceful, independent self-starter with an aptitude for learning new technologies
- Demonstrated ability to analyze large / complex data sets, identify key trends / drivers and communicate conclusions in a clear and concise manner
- Experience with custom integrations: document, design, build, test, and manage
- Well organized, detailed oriented and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong problem-solving skills, technical aptitude and business acumen
- Liaise with Workday Community to identify and implement best practices
- Adapt quickly to changing business and technology needs
- 7+ years Finance experience required. Finance acumen including GAAP knowledge, internal controls, revenue recognition (ASC 606), driver-based financial forecast modeling (P&L, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow) and financial reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Information Technology or related field
- 2+ years’ experience implementing Adaptive Planning is preferred
- 2+ years’ Workday systems analyst experience
- 2+ years’ experience with Prism
- Demonstrated experience designing, building and implementing strategies to enhance business performance and in application management (configuration, integrations and security). Adaptive Planning and Prism experience preferred.
- Experience in process improvement, workflow, benchmarking and / or evaluation of business processes (Six Sigma certification, internal audit experience a plus)
- Solid organizational skills, proven ability to prioritize and deliver quality results on time
- Experience in a regulated environment such as GDPR, HIPAA, ITAR, PCI, FINRA, SOX