USA – MN – Minneapolis
Remote USA, Iowa
Remote USA, Indiana
Remote USA, Illinois
Remote USA, Georgia
Remote USA, Wisconsin
Remote USA, Florida
Remote USA, Texas
Remote USA, Tennessee
Remote USA, South Dakota
Remote USA, South Carolina
Remote USA, Oklahoma
Remote USA, North Carolina
Remote USA, Nebraska
Remote USA, Missouri
Remote USA, Mississippi
Remote USA, Minnesota
Remote USA, Michigan
Datasite is where deals are made. We provide the data rooms and SaaS technology used in M&A and other high-value transactions, to deliver projects in more than 170 countries. Carrying that success into the future is all about you. Your useful skills, your unusual experience, your unique ideas. Everyone here brings something unexpected. What’s yours? Invest your talents in us, and we’ll return the compliment.
This position is an integral team member of the Accounting Shared Services team and reports to the Shared Services Accounting Manager. This role will be responsible for administering and processing payroll as part of a global team. This role will work collaboratively and cross functionally with other team members in accounting, finance, and human resources. Qualified candidates will have strong attention to detail and accuracy. Ideal candidate loves to improve processes, embrace change, and help us move the organization forward.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accurate and timely processing of the payrolls (US, Canada, Brazil, Costa Rica) for 600+ employees.
- Responsible for the accurate calculation and payout of employee wages, commissions, bonuses, taxes, and benefit deductions via internal HCM system and/or multiple external vendors.
- Ensure compliance with all tax regulations for the different countries in which payroll is processed for.
- Reconcile the payroll taxes and year-end tax statements for each country.
- Prepare journal entries and account reconciliations for payroll accounts; provide supporting documentation during month end close, such as calculating, validating, and recording payroll accruals, re-classes, and adjustments.
- Calculate, prepare, and reconcile payroll tax and benefit payments timely and accurately.
- Troubleshoot payroll processing and/or technology system issues and resolve in a timely fashion. Work closely with other members of the global team to find solutions.
- Responsible for quarterly and annual tax filings (in partnership with vendors) to appropriate government agencies on behalf of the company.
- Authorize and confirm ACH funding with Treasury for payroll wage funding, garnishments, taxes, 401k funding, health and welfare plan funding (medical, dental) and similar.
- Partner with legal and HR to keep abreast of the latest payroll laws and regulations covering the region(s).
- Approach payroll delivery with a continuous improvement mindset. Suggest/document process improvements, streamlining of payroll/timekeeping related processes, and recommend changes to improve transparency and efficiency of payroll for all employees.
- Clearly communicate payroll calendars, policies and technical processes to managers and employees.
- Partner with HCM business analyst to research, recommend, test, and deploy system upgrades and/or business process improvements.
- Provide customer service to all levels of employees.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance, or human resources (or related field) required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or work towards
- 5 to 7 years domestic and/or international payroll processing experience
- Experience with Workday and Cloudpay systems preferred
- Knowledge of payroll accounting; journal entries and account reconciliations preferred
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment even during times of ambiguity
- Solid time management skills, ability to prioritize assignments in a dynamic work environment
- Proficient computer, organizational, analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Ability to troubleshoot payroll processing issues, run and analyze reports
- Excellent interpersonal skills, positive attitude, flexibility, and a willingness to learn new things
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment, routinely working with HR and accounting, across borders and time zones
- High regard for confidential information and excellent professional judgement