Dayton Children’s – Main Campus
Dayton Children’s – Main Campus
Employee Experience – Employee Solutions
The Workday Analyst at Dayton Children’s Hospital configures and supports our enterprise systems (Workday) to drive organizational efficiency and enable data-driven actions. The role will be responsible for the day-to-day system support including setup, configuration, security, maintenance, user support, testing, troubleshooting and other projects or responsibilities as required to evolve Workday. The Workday Analyst partners across multiple business units to act as a Workday expert and will ensure effective use of the system by identifying business needs and applying best practices to recommend solutions in response to business requirements. This role will foster an environment focused on customer service and a high level of collaboration and coordination with team members and customers.
Department Specific Job Details:
- Responsible for ongoing support, updates, and configuration of Workday.
- As part of the team responsible for system upgrades and modifications including identifying requirements, configuration, testing and implementation.
- Responsible for gathering, preparation, and analysis of data for internal and external reporting.
- Support the implementation and maintenance of the Workday platform as a technical expert applying best practices.
- Serve as the super-user and subject matter expert in our instance of Workday promoting its use and creating documentation used for end-user adoption and training.
- Manage projects, including implementation of new functionality. Ensure prioritization of change requests and evaluate the system-wide impact of any proposed enhancements by using best practices to meet business needs
- Develop and support plans for the organization strategic roadmap, including maintaining relationships with important partners across HR and the businesses, and being the expert for systems research and problems.
- Manage project deadlines, testing activities and contracts with other team members to complete implementations and upgrades.
- Partner with the IT team to maintain integrations and to manage system upgrades.
- Partner with subject matter experts to enhance and support annual programs such as performance management, benefit open enrollment and talent development initiatives.
- Perform scheduled activities, review enhancement and functionality changes, highlighting items of significance along with recommendations of enhancements to adopt.
- Actively participate in Workday Community, customer groups and networking events; leverage Workday network to identify best practices
- Manage employee data changes and leverage the system to continuously provide data, reports and analysis that lead to effective business decisions.
- Embrace ongoing learning to continuously improve and adopt best practices.
- Thoroughly test configurations through unit testing and facilitate user acceptance testing (UAT) across teams
- Create advanced reports using complex calculated fields
- Train and mentor new junior configuration specialists
- Create functional and technical systems documentation
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong organizational skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements.
- Someone who can rely on their previous experiences to plan and accomplish future goals.
- Ability to lead cross-functional projects and interact with team members at all levels.
- Ability to work well under general supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill.
Essential Qualifications, Experience, Education and Certifications
- Demonstrated experience in experience in Enterprise Resource Planning, (ERP)., Preferred experience in Workday.
- Demonstrable hands-on experience of supporting ERP systems.
- Experience communicating effectively with diverse stakeholders, including customers and key process stakeholders.
- Demonstrated expertise with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other MS Office suite applications
- Experience in Workday.
- Experience with iterative or agile software development methodologies
- Experience with ERP/CRM and Databases
- Experience with Workday in an administrative or analyst role, preferably at a growing/distributed organization
Department Specific Requirements (Human Resources/Employee Experience)
The Workday Analyst in the Human Resource will be responsible for supporting HR applications, processes, and projects. This position will be responsible for data gathering, testing, and communication throughout the implementation of configuration change as well as serve as the liaison drawing meaningful connections and translating complex business needs into application technology solutions. Specifically, this role oversees setting up automated identity lifecycle management and role-based access control solutions to enhance security, support business processes to optimize service, manage risk and improve the overall user experience in Workday.
- Experience in Human Resource, terminology.
- Broad HR experience with subject matter expertise in one or more HR areas.
- Previous Workday or HRIS Experience highly desired