At Dechert LLP the Human Resources Generalist is part of the Global Talent organization which provides exceptional service to attorneys and business services professionals. Key responsibilities for the Human Resources Generalist include recruiting for a wide variety of business services roles including supporting on boarding and off boarding activities. In addition, this role will guide managers and their teams through the full life cycle including performance management, policies and procedures, time and absence requirements, and compliance with all federal, state and local regulations.
We offer a flexible hybrid work environment. We ask our professionals to spend at least half of their time working in-person in the office. We value being together and trust our professionals to plan their schedules to accommodate both business and professional needs.
- Leverage our Dechert culture of innovative thinking, excellence in service, and valuing all voices to attract motivated and talented candidates.
- Through conduct and communications, demonstrate a thorough understanding of the firm’s Hiring Guidelines, Client Service Principles and EEO policies.
- Develop relationships and provides services to hiring managers in all departments, including Finance, IT, Research Services, Business Development, Client Services and Firm Administration.
- In conjunction with Sr. HR Team, establish hiring strategy for assigned postings and recommends best practices to target appropriate candidate pool.
- Using web-based sources, social media, professional recruiters and other talent acquisition tools, ensure top quality candidates are identified to align with business needs and approved salary range.
- Oversee recruiting process for internal and external candidates including resume review, skills assessment, and interviews. Obtain feedback and develop appropriate offer package in consultation with Sr. HR Team. Oversee background check and conflicts check processes.
- Administer and oversee on-boarding. Ensure that new hires experience a smooth, positive and effective first week at Dechert.
- Participate in and presents New Hire Orientation program.
- Conduct exit interviews and provide confidential feedback to Sr. HR Team.
- Oversee termination process and liaise will all departments to ensure final pay, IT security and all elements are processed timely and accurately
- Develop thorough understanding of the performance management cycle; Provide guidance on performance management activities throughout the year. May participate in counseling sessions and other employee meetings.
- Serve as initial contact for managers and employees regarding policies and procedures including time and absence policies; may refer complex and/or sensitive matters to Sr. HR Team.
- Research issues, reviews all available data; seeks guidance on more complicated issues requiring strategic discussion and planning.
Workday & HRIS Reporting
- Develop a thorough understanding of HCM, Time & Absence, Talent, and Performance.
- Contribute to semi-annual upgrade activities for applicant tracking and onboarding modules.
- Run and share basic reports; can answer questions and present data appropriately.
- Administer semi-monthly time card and pay close.
HR Department Misc.
- Maintain files, electronic and some paper, in conjunction w/privacy guidelines.
- Attend training as directed; seeks additional training to enhance skills set.
- Contribute to department initiatives proactively.
- Any other tasks and projects as assigned by management.
QUALIFICATIONS / Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent, strongly preferred
- Five plus years of related Human Resources experience, strongly preferred.
- Law firm or professional services experience, preferred.
- Human Resources Certification or related course of study, preferred.
- HRIS experience required, Workday experience is a plus.
- Strong MS Office Suite required – Word, Excel, PPT, and Outlook.
- Effective oral and written communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with confidential and sensitive matters in a professional and discretionary manner.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate professionally and diplomatically.
- Ability to function in a collaborative organization and be a team player.
Additional Job Description
PHYSICAL EFFORT / WORK CONDITIONS
- This position operates in a professional office environment which is generally free of hazards and exposure to adverse environmental conditions.
- Hybrid work flexibility is offered. This role requires routine attendance on-site at a Dechert location, and flexibility to work remotely is also offered, based on business needs. Occasionally travel to different sites using various modes of private and commercial transportation may be needed. This role at times may require occasional extended hours, including evenings and weekends.
- This position routinely operates standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopy machines, fax machines and filing cabinets, and requires frequent communication with the firm’s employees and partners as well as third parties.
- This position is mainly sedentary. Primary functions require sufficient physical ability and mobility to work in an office setting; to read, sit and type for sustained periods of time; to walk, stand, reach, and bend; to open and close filing cabinets and access and retrieve materials in file rooms; to lift, carry and move files or other items of light to moderate weight; to operate equipment requiring repetitive hand movement and fine coordination; and to verbally communicate to exchange information.
- This position requires a normal audio range, with or without correction. It also requires the normal visual range, with or without correction. Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.