Philadelphia – Market St.
This position will work primarily with legal technology applications and providing support to users of these applications. This person will look for ways to help the organization operate more efficiently and effectively by identifying and developing solutions within our application portfolio. Also responsible for ensuring that the legal technology applications are properly managed throughout the software lifecycle and that they continue to provide value to the firm. In addition to working directly with our legal technology applications, this position will also be expected to develop a broad knowledge/cross-training of our entire portfolio of applications to provide support to other Enterprise Systems team members. The right-person will be passionate about technology and have a proven track record of delivering solutions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Understand integrated enterprise solutions that are comprised of both commercial software packages and custom applications.
- Maintain existing application features and functionalities and help identify and resolve issues and/or bugs.
- Troubleshoot application issues reported to Enterprise Systems team through the help desk, triage with application vendor or internal IT teams, work with internal users, as needed, to successfully resolve issue.
- Develop new workflows within systems based on requirements from users and functional specifications.
- Oversee installing and configuring a variety of applications and systems.
- Test to ensure changes are operating as expected and giving the desired results.
- Devise ways to make existing systems meet new needs.
- Collaborate with other IT teams and developers in delivering new systems and upgrades or enhance existing applications.
- Work with users to determine functional requirements of new features or changes.
- Anticipate, identify, and articulate problem areas and work with others to devise solutions.
- Work with a high degree of independence on projects, contributing to both design and implementation.
- Communicate effectively with non-technical internal clients.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Computer Engineering or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 2 years of system development work experience is required.
- Experience in Workday, using Workday Studio, and working with inbound and outbound integrations.
- Experience with a software development methodology such as Agile.
- Experience with relational databases such as MSSQL.
- Practical familiarity with XML, XSL, XPath.
- Experience with source code control tools such as Git.
- Experience integrating commercial software with both custom solutions and other third party products.
- Practical experience providing tier three application support, troubleshooting and resolving issues in a timely, customer focused manner.
- Knowledge of REST/SOAP based services.
Additional Job Description
Philadelphia – Market St.
Dechert LLP is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination. The Firm prohibits unlawful discrimination in any term or condition of employment against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual’s race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, marital status, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, disability, membership or service in the armed forces, or any other characteristic protected by law.