Home Office (Minnesota)
Digi-Key is one of the fastest growing distributors of electronic components in the world. In addition to offering the broadest selection of in-stock electronic components and providing the best service possible to customers, employees have access to a highly competitive benefits package. The package includes a comprehensive health insurance plan featuring a low co-pay and no deductible plan as well as dental, vision, life, and long-term disability coverage; flexible spending accounts; competitive paid time off; relocation assistance; 401(k) and profit sharing; and education advancement. To learn more, visit our benefits and perks page.
Location: Bloomington, Minnesota
The Manager, Compensation is responsible for the strategy, design, administration, and ongoing execution of Digi-Key compensation plans to attract, retain, and motivate team members. As a part of the Total Rewards team within the HR division, the Manager, Compensation collaborates with business leaders, HR leaders and Talent Managers to develop and design compensation programs that effectively attract, motivate, and retain employees across all areas of the business. The Manager, Compensation will bring forward innovative total rewards programs that align with Digi-Key’s total rewards philosophy.
Lead the design and administration of all base pay programs and incentive plans, ensuring accurate and timely processing each fiscal period based upon the compensation plans in effect, including documentation, communication, internal controls and reporting.
- Provide consulting to collaborators on a range of day-to-day compensation activities, including market analysis for new positions and promotions, and addressing retention issues.
- Monitor compensation program effectiveness and develop modifications as needed.
- Build and educate equitable and data driven policies and decisions around compensation.
- Manage annual and off cycle pay increase processes.
- Ensure all programs, policies and procedures are in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Consults with business leaders globally on a wide range of compensation topics and projects.
- Scaling and guarantee peak competitiveness of our compensation programs.
- Ensures business objectives align with Human Resources strategy, and policies are accomplished through executed plans & tactics.
- Focus is on coaching and developing staff, communicating organization objectives and expectations, monitoring the progress of projects and initiatives, and taking appropriate action when needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Experience
- 8+ years Human Resources, Finance, and/or General Business experience and 4-year college degree or equivalent.
- 6+ years of compensation experience, including experience leading people.
- Strong analytical skills and supportive systems leverage (particularly Microsoft Excel/PowerPoint). Advanced level Excel skills required.
- Some experience with executive compensation programs is desirable.
- Experience leading the work direction and development of others.
- Proven experience acting as a subject matter expert to the business.
- Ability to be flexible and to handle multiple projects in a high growth setting.
- Able to develop strong working relationships with customers and foster trust in handling confidential situations.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving ability, particularly in ambiguous or complex situations; understands and considers broad implications of business unit needs or decisions.
- High-level of demonstrated integrity, trust and customer orientation.
- Strong time management and project management abilities.
- CCP certification
- Experience with international compensation
- Workday Experience (Advanced compensation preferred)
This is not an essential onsite role but will require some onsite attendance. The preferred candidate would live in MN.
Digi‑Key Electronics is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled, and other diverse candidates to apply and be considered for open positions.
If you are an applicant with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at 1-800-338-4105 or [email protected].
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law
Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law Supplement