Discover. A brighter future.
With us, you’ll do meaningful work from Day 1. Our collaborative culture is built on three core behaviors: We Play to Win, We Get Better Every Day & We Succeed Together. And we mean it — we want you to grow and make a difference at one of the world's leading digital banking and payments companies. We value what makes you unique so that you have an opportunity to shine.
Come build your future, while being the reason millions of people find a brighter financial future with Discover.
As a Software Engineer – Full Stack, you’ll build and release reliable software systems at scale. By partnering with enterprise-wide teams, you’ll develop and maintain full stack solutions with a primary focus on Human Resource Systems including Workday.
You’ll have experience writing code as an enterprise software engineer with familiarity of common enterprise technologies including distributed systems, web API, databases, and coding. You must also have experience developing integrations between large applications (often SaaS) inside and outside an enterprise. In addition, you must have a strong background in Workday HCM and HR domain knowledge. Top candidates will have extensive experience using Workday Studio to build integrations.
You’ll use your holistic view of all products (and their interactions) to design elegant solutions and strategize the future state of our larger technical ecosystem. By independently innovating and advocating for best practices, you’ll solve complex problems and guide the team on implementing solutions from inception to production.
- Design, develop and maintain software solutions and integrations supporting HR and other core corporate service areas.
- Design, develop, and maintain integrations using Workday Studio, Java or other modern framework supporting the HR Product family
- Participate in the full software development life cycle including design, implementation, and delivery of software products
- Competent in multiple contexts, including programming languages, security, automation, testing, and business domains and is the go-to person for many people (inside and outside of their team)
- Systems Integration of 3rd Party software (SaaS, on-Prem) with internal Enterprise Systems. Duties include Software administration, License Management, ISS/Cyber Security compliance, Virtual servers, Database configurations, SSO setup, Proxy/Whitelisting, DFTP, AWS integration, Xmatters Production/Incident Management, Service accounts, etc.
- Creates solutions addressing high impact technology and business priorities
- Participates in strategic technology decisions and learns how these decisions impact Discover as a whole
- Proactively identifies and mitigates issues based on intuition and experience in multiple domains
- Advance knowledge of enterprise software engineering including expertise in: writing code (Java preferred), database design & development, API and web development, application security, and data transfer protocols,
- Advanced knowledge of Workday HCM with extensive experience designing and developing Workday Integrations including developing in Workday Studio (Workday Extend is a plus). Must also understand EIB, Core Connectors, RaaS and general integration technologies.
- Experience as an enterprise developer supporting Human Resource systems (Workday) and other related enterprise systems, especially those commonly integrated with HR including financial, ERP, LMS Learning Management Systems, LDAP, data warehouses, payroll, recruiting, compensation, and benefits.
- Thorough understanding of API development including REST and SOAP protocols, XML, JSON, API client development, gateways, and security.
- Expert knowledge of System Integration and development is required. Must have experience implementing modern secure data engineering paradigms and data modeling for efficient and secured data movement across systems
- Strong database design and development experience should include data modelling, SQL query/stored procedure development, indexing, referential integrity, join types, metric development, and familiarity with data warehouse design including cubes, fact, and dimension tables.
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing including Azure and/or AWS is highly desirable
- Experience in Business Intelligence and Analytics is highly desirable including ETL, data transformation, data warehouse design principals, data quality and cleansing, metric development, dashboard, and chart development
- Ability to drive system requirements from business stakeholders and develop technical design recommendations and specification documents
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills, and the ability to interface with all levels of employees and management
At a minimum, here’s what we need from you:
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ Years – Information Technology, (Software) Engineering, or related
- Internal applicants only: technical proficiency rating of competent on the Dreyfus engineering scale
- 6+ Years – Enterprise Software Engineering or related
- 3+ Years – Workday HCM and Workday Studio
- Experience with API development, databases, security, integrations, and writing code
The application window for this position is anticipated to close on Feb-17-2024. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible. The posting may be available past this date, but it is not guaranteed.
The base pay for this position generally ranges between $86,500.00 to $146,100.00. Additional incentives may be provided as part of a market competitive total compensation package. Factors, such as but not limited to, geographical location, relevant experience, education, and skill level may impact the pay for this position.
We also offer a range of benefits and programs based on eligibility. These benefits include:
Paid Parental Leave
Paid Time Off
Medical, Dental, Vision, & Health Savings Account
STD, Life, LTD and AD&D
Family Support Programs
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Learn more at MyDiscoverBenefits.com.
What are you waiting for? Apply today!
All Discover employees place our customers at the very center of our work. To deliver on our promises to our customers, each of us contribute every day to a culture that values compliance and risk management.
Discover is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Discover is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or other legally protected status. (Know Your Rights)