Stevens Point, WI (USA)
Donaldson is committed to solving the world’s most complex filtration challenges. Employing innovation and breakthrough solutions, we are advancing filtration for a cleaner world. We look for the best people to help us succeed, offering opportunities to learn, effect change, and make meaningful contributions at work and in our communities. This is a place where you can make a world of difference.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/donaldson/
Join the HR team in Stevens Point – supporting about 400 employees across 3 shifts. Looking for someone who can help with functions like:
- Employee Engagement
- Employee Relations and more
If you want to join a progressive team, looking for exciting ways to infuse your energy into a plant that continue to transform. We are a union environment and work closely with our employees to help make changes in our plant. We’re looking for the next member of our team to help take us to the next level in HR service delivery!
If you take on this role, you would:
- Administer all local labor and payroll reporting operations on a weekly basis to ensure timely, and accurate delivery of payroll services while in compliance with company policies and payroll best practices
- Assist with managing HRIS system(s) – Workday experience a plus
- Conduct new hire orientation
- Employee engagement champion
- Be responsible for creating, maintaining, storing, securing, and destroying employee records and medical files in accordance with all applicable laws
- Exhibit understanding of company policies & procedures including COVID protocols, tracking and reporting.
- Must be able to work independently and possess the ability to interpret data and develop sound conclusions through proficient organizational and project management skills
- Have the ability to participate as a team player in a changing regulatory environment and support leadership’s efforts to promote organizational goals
- Provide assistance to functional area which may include personnel records, employee and/or labor relations, job evaluation, payroll, benefits administration, organization development, training, and special projects.
- Act as a liaison between departments/divisions, all levels of line and staff management, compensation and benefits department, legal counsel, and outside service providers.
- Prepare reports in conformance with business needs
- Provide support as part of a team regarding, employee relations, attendance and corrective actions
- Respond to unemployment claims
- The ability to apply fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures
- Effectively facilitate and conduct employee training as outlined in the site’s HR Compliance Calendar, including make-up training sessions as required
- Manage site’s training tracker
- Maintain and create cross functional relationships that improve site-specific HR performance and deliver on time results
- Ensure company programs are maintained, and that the plant is in compliance with the standards
- Be a change leader and provide assistance and guidance to employees, supervisors, and managers in solving work-related problems
- Comply with all EHS policies and procedures
While this list is representative of essential job duties, it is not an all-inclusive list of duties required to perform this role. Other duties may be assigned to fulfill Donaldson’s mission, vision, and strategic plan objectives
- Bachelor of Science degree in Human Resources or related field (preferred)
- Minimum 2 years of human resources experience
- Bachelor’s degree in alternate field with a minimum of 3 years of human resources experience (preferred
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills
- Able to effectively demonstrate excellent administrative and organization skills in past work history
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage many different projects to completion.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others
- Ability to work in a team environment toward a common goal.
- Flexibility and agility in an ever-changing environment; desire to continue to learn in various areas and share knowledge with others.
- Consistent attendance and punctuality
- Perform a variety of tasks safely throughout the day in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 lbs.
- Stand and sit for an extended amount of time
- Sit in front of a computer monitor for an extended amount of time
- Working in and/or around loud machinery (PPE required and provided)
Come make a World of Difference!
Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law.