South Florida, FL
DPR Construction is looking for a Human Resources Professional to be a part of a dynamic team whose mission is to Take Care of our People. The Human Resources Professional will oversee the full life cycle of the employees within a DPR region (each region has multiple business units). Responsibilities will include but will not be limited to participating in the offer letter process, new hire onboarding, employee inquires related to HR benefits and programs, day to day handling of employee relations and management of employee separation. The HR Professional will be based out of one of the business units within the region they support.
- Managing the transition of the candidate from the recruiting team to the regional onboarding team – executing offer letters via Workday (HRIS system), confirming onboarding date, engaging IT for assignment of DPR assets
- Managing the HR related functions for onboarding of new employees and ensuring regional onboarding coordinators complete all necessary tasks
- Coordination of both external recruiting invoices and processing internal employee referral program incentives
- Performs background checks as requested based on manager/contract requirement
- Partners with DPR’s internal Relocation Specialist for new hire and existing employee relocations to ensure a great employee relocation experience.
- Managing employee information in Workday (HRIS system) and other internal people data bases
- Regional Resource for employee inquires on DPR benefit/programs and providing clarification/interpretation of company policies
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, mitigating legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
- Consults with business unit/corporate service leaders and direct managers, providing HR guidance when appropriate and working through complex employee relation matters. Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations
- Partners effectively with People Practice groups including Diversity, Equity & Inclusions, Learning & Development, Talent and Recruiting.
- Partners with the technology team to ensure a seamless process for email creation, email changes and termination of accounts
- Acts as liaison between corporate payroll and regional contacts/employees on matters related to compensation.
- Partners with Leaders/Managers to initiate employee involuntary and voluntary separations
- Facilitates exit surveys and provides feedback and trends to Regional Leadership/talent teams and offers guidance on action plan, if warranted.
- Active member of the Corporate HR Team and making recommendations to processes and benefit programs based on feedback from employees
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Interpersonal Skills – be able to connect with people and understands/respects appropriate levels of confidentiality
- Ability to comprehend, interpret, and apply the appropriate sections of applicable laws, guidelines, regulations, ordinances, and policies.
- Problem Solving Skills
- Embraces DPR’s Core Values (Integrity, Enjoyment, Uniqueness and Ever Forward)
- Cultural Ambassador – Advocate for Taking Care of People
- Employee Service Oriented
- Enjoys being part of team that is located throughout the United States
Travel to various Business Units within the region the HR Professional will support will be required periodically to support the needs of the business and effectively Take Care of our People.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree (focus on Human Resources a plus or related work experience)
- Minimum of 5+ years HR experience; construction industry is a plus
- Advanced experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Workday HRIS system experience a plus