Cape Girardeau, MO
St. Louis, MO
200 South Farrar Dr – Cape Girardeau, Missouri 63701
YOU BELONG AT DRURY HOTELS.
Getting a job is just the beginning. Finding a place where you belong is what truly matters. Who you are and what you do matters at Drury Hotels. There’s a place for you here today (and for tomorrow) in this position.
This position manages/leads teams in planning and completing Accounting/Finance projects to support Drury Hotels’ business initiatives, including a heavy focus on maximizing the use of our IT systems and improving our business processes to support our Accounting/Finance teams. This position entails a heavy emphasis in advancing knowledge and utilization of Workday “Financials ” and Workday Adaptive Insights “budgetary planning” functionalities. The position will be based in either the St Louis or Cape Girardeau Corporate offices and reports to the Corporate Controller.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Work with Drury Hotels CFO, Controller and Operations teams to identify areas of opportunity in accounting, finance, budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting related initiatives.
- Act as the primary lead in assessing new Workday releases to determine what functionality can be leveraged by Drury.
- Take ownership of the Workday enhancement and automation tracking logs and prioritize projects to ensure that identified items are being addressed.
- Design and optimize business processes and methods consistent with the companies’ financial and accounting policies.
- Manage the ongoing utilization and training associated with all aspects of Workday Accounting/Finance, Reporting and Budgetary functionality.
- Assess current accounting and financial practices/procedures and make recommendations for areas that can be automated or made more efficient.
- Create and lead projects to accomplish identified Accounting and Finance related initiatives.
- Identify those departments / individuals best positioned to assist in project goals and delegate tasks accordingly.
- Communicate with departments / individuals to identify and define project requirements, scope and objectives.
- Creating long and short term project goals and adhering to established deadlines.
- Evaluate potential problems and/or technical (IT) issues and develop solutions with assistance from our IT team.
- Manage project documentation and deliverables via written action plans and adherence to deadlines.
- Communicate with other departments or company executives to keep projects aligned with company goals.
- Other tasks that may be assigned form time to time.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
- A thorough knowledge of Workday’s Financial/Financial Reporting/Budgeting functionality (including company set ups, allocations, banking, custom validation rules, expense modules, reporting hierarchies, Adaptive Insights, etc. is preferred. We are seeking a candidate who has prior experience with Workday or has similar platform experience and a willingness to learn Workday.
- Reasonably Technology savvy so as to effectively communicate and liaison with existing IT team as needed.
- Strong project management and communication (written and verbal) skills so as to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of management.
- Effective project management and meeting facilitation skills.
- Ability to apply reasonable business skills and knowledge, to make sound decisions regarding job responsibilities and priorities, and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to understand the business sufficiently to manage and orchestrate large scale projects and/or multiple small to medium size projects to both technology and business teams.
- Attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently with a high level of accuracy.
- Exhibit self-confidence, motivation, and organizational and goal-setting abilities.
QUALIFICATIONS and EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Prefer a high level of experience with Workday Financials and Workday Adaptive Planning software
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance or relevant experience with Workday functionality in an Information Technology capacity
- Skilled at problem solving with an aptitude for recognizing and resolving issues
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT FROM US
So. Much. More.
Just as our guests deserve more, so do you deserve more. Be valued for what you do and who you are … and well compensated for all you accomplish.
- Incentives – Quarterly bonuses (we succeed together!)—shared for all based on hotel results
- Health and well-being – Medical, dental, vision, prescription, life, and disability
- Retirement – Company-matched 401(k)
- Work-life – Flexible spending accounts, Team Member Assistance Program, paid time off, and hotel discounts
- Career growth – Mentorship, cross-training, development plans, management training, and more—60% of management positions promoted internally
- Award-winning – Ranked among Forbes’ Best Midsize Employers (2021) and highest in Guest Satisfaction Among Upper Midscale Hotel Chains by J.D. Power 16 years in a row (that’s a record!)