Helping careers take flight. Reshaping an industry. Enable your career to be Made on Duck Creek.
WHO WE ARE:
Duck Creek Technologies is the intelligent solutions provider defining the future of the property and casualty (P&C) and general insurance industry. We are the platform upon which modern insurance systems are built, enabling the industry to capitalize on the power of the cloud to run agile, intelligent, and evergreen operations. Our modern SaaS solutions help insurers set a new standard and revolutionize how consumers interact with insurance companies.
Authenticity, purpose, and transparency are core to Duck Creek, and we believe insurance should be there for individuals and businesses when, where, and how they need it most. Our market-leading solutions are available on a standalone basis or as a full suite, and all are available via Duck Creek OnDemand. With more than 1,000 successful implementations to date, Duck Creek removes the IT burden for insurers so they can focus on the business of insurance.
We have a flock of more than 1,800 employees across the globe and are proud to be a Flexible-First employer. We empower our employees with the choice to work from an office, from home, or on a hybrid schedule. Our flexible-first environment fosters productivity, inclusion, collaboration, and ensures a consistent employee experience regardless of location.
If working in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving company that is transforming one of the world’s oldest and largest industries sounds exciting, let us know. We are excited you are considering Duck Creek as a future employer and hope you decide to join “The Flock”!
TITLE: Tax Accountant
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
The tax accountant will provide support in all areas of direct and indirect taxes including the global income tax provision, U.S. and non-U.S. tax compliance, taxing authority examinations, research projects, etc.
- Prepares US sales and use tax returns and remit taxes; Prepares foreign VAT/GST workpapers.
- Assists in the preparation of the federal, state income filings. Assists in the preparation of the federal, state, and local tax return extensions and prepare payment requests.
- Assists in the preparation of the quarterly and annual US, state, and international tax provisions
- Provides support for state income and franchise tax and sales and use tax audits and assists with sales and use tax processes and process improvements
- Provides support for operational work for the Treasury function
- Prepares property tax returns
- Prepares FBAR filings
- Assists with resolving notices and inquiries from tax authorities
- Interact with colleagues from finance group relating to accounting and tax issues.
- Assists in worldwide SOX processes
- Performs other related duties and activities as required.
WHAT YOU’VE DONE:
Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or taxation
- Pursuing CPA or licensed CPA preferred
- 1-2 years of experience in Corporate Tax, Corporate Accounting, or public accounting firm
Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to handle multiple assignments and deadlines is critical
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Strong attention to detail
- Experience with Workday a plus.
WHAT WE STAND FOR:
Our global company celebrates & leverages the differences each employee brings to the table. Our success is a direct result of an inclusive culture where opportunities to learn from one another occur regardless of title, seniority, or background. This collaborative and team-oriented approach is at the core of how we operate and continuously improve our products, services, and systems. As such, Duck Creek is committed to providing equal opportunity to all employees and applicants – to recruit, hire, train, and reward employees for their individual abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, marital, military, or any other protected status.
We strive to be an example to the world of inclusion, diversity, and equity in all things – where employees are free to be their authentic selves in the workplace and in the communities in which we live. We believe in leading by example and are proud of the diversity of our team and our shared commitment to our Core Values: We Prioritize Respect; We Listen; We Care; We Add Value; and We Lead.
To learn more about our inclusive company culture, values, DE&I initiatives, and people, please visit: https://www.duckcreek.com/life-at-duck-creek/.
Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers with our web content by sending an email to [email protected].
Duck Creek Technologies does not accept, nor will we pay a fee for any hires resulting from unsolicited headhunter or agency resumes.