At Echo we are committed to help our Associates grow their career. Apply today and grow with Echo!
Echo Global Logistics is a leading provider of technology-enabled transportation management services. As a third-party logistics provider, we simplify transportation management for our clients and carriers, handling crucial tasks so they can focus on what they do best. From coast to coast, dock to dock, and across all major transportation modes, Echo connects businesses that need to ship their products with carriers who transport goods quickly, securely, and cost-effectively.
Echo is looking to immediately fill a new role on our accounting team. This position reports to the Accounting Supervisor. As part of the accounting team, the AP Operating Expense Analyst will be responsible for assisting the Accounting Supervisor with daily operations. Major responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to processing operating expense invoices, managing operating expense payments, and responding to payment inquiries.
- Ensure that all invoices are approved by the appropriate individuals
- Code operating expense invoices to the appropriate General Ledger accounts and cost centers
- Pay approved invoices in a timely manner
- Follow payment instructions detailed on check requests and invoices
- Respond to payment inquiries from vendors and employees
- Assist accounting team in booking accruals and tracking IT projects
- Assist with fulfilling requests to complete compliance and audit requirements
- Assist in other accounting and operating projects
- Minimum 2 years AP experience
- Comfortable with Microsoft Office Products, Excel in particular (Intermediate Skill)
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid written and oral communication skills
- Communicate effectively with vendors and employees
- Self-managed and motivated with a strong desire to succeed and achieve goals
- Takes ownership of assigned responsibilities
- Problem-solving – is able to recognize and correct a potential payment issue quickly and effectively
- Integrity – implements and upholds company values
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Workday Core Financials system experience preferred
Work environment/physical demands summary:
This job is hybrid and operates twice a week in an office environment and uses a computer, telephone and other office equipment as needed to perform duties. The noise level in the work environment is typical of that of an office with an open seating floor plan. The employee may encounter frequent interruptions throughout the workday.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or Vietnam era or other protected veteran.