USA – Minnesota – Saint Paul
Join Ecolab as a Payroll Tax Analyst and help shape the direction of payroll in a fast-growing environment. Be a fundamental collaborator in meeting the ever-changing needs of payroll.
At Ecolab, making the world a cleaner, safer place is our business. We are committed to growth and providing our customers with the most effective and efficient programs available. Ecolab’s Institutional division delivers complete customer solutions to drive cleaner, safer, and healthier operations. Our focus on the Hospitality market provides anchor solutions around ware washing, laundry, housekeeping and pool & spa. Our hospitality program helps our customers deliver guest satisfaction safely, efficiently, and sustainably.
Location: St. Paul, MN
Ecolab Payroll Tax Profile based on 2021 results:
- >$1.95B taxable wages – 23K W2s
- > $.5B taxes remitted to federal, state and local agencies
- Employees in all 50 states; >1500 Locals
- 5 FEINs
- Lead North America daily payroll funding requests and prepare multi-million monthly journal entry for all cash activity in relation to taxes and garnishments.
- Primary lead in tax adjustments that result in state adjustments, negative wages, W2 errors, prior quarter adjustments and amendment filing
- OSV tax case management. Verify weekly tracers and tax notices sent to One Source Virtual have been resolved in a timely manner for both the US and Canada.
- Work closely with Corporate Tax, Audit, Legal and IRS/CRA representatives to resolve cross functional payroll tax matters. Collect documents and data to respond to agency inquiries, payroll tax audits and legal requests.
- Lead Deloitte international assignee quarterly and annual payroll adjustments for both US and Canada
- Researches and responds to payroll tax inquiries from employees. Must have ability to communicate to a diverse population.
- Prepare US and Canada quarterly / annual reconciliations for management review and sign off on federal, state/province, and local taxes, ensuring taxes remitted to agencies by One Source Virtual were timely and consistent with what was withheld.
- Prepare annual W2s/T4s and W2/T4 reconciliations
- Gain an understanding of the Workday payroll system, tax setups and reporting functions to develop skills and tools to support in reconciliation and analysis of tax matters.
- Provide ongoing payroll tax updates / training / knowledge transfer to payroll team members to insure a collaborative approach to compliance
- Initiate requests to various local / state / province agencies for new account set ups. Assist with the set up and maintenance in Workday payroll system.
- Work to gain an understanding of multi-state payroll tax laws / changes / trending issues with consideration to potential impact to Ecolab.
- Work closely with Equifax as it relates to SUI tax rates and required quarterly tax submissions
- Assist in preparing mandated reporting to various tax agencies (e.g., Multiple Worksite Reporting, Canada Workers Compensation, etc.)
- Aid and backup to Payroll team members as needed
- Special projects and other duties as assigned
- 2-3 years of multi-state payroll experience (preferably including CA, PA, OH, IN) and/or a degree in accounting or finance
- Ability to attain intermediate to advance proficiency in Microsoft Office, Excel and Word.
- Fundamental Professional Certification (FPC) or commitment to become certified within 18 months of hire as a condition of continued employment with Ecolab
- Strong understanding of payroll tax fundamentals and the ability to apply them
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including strong documentation skills
- Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with vendors and internal business partners.
- Ability to work well independently and be a strong team player.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
Ecolab strives to provide comprehensive and market-competitive benefits to meet the needs of our associates and their families. Click here to see our benefits.
If you are viewing this posting on a site other than our Ecolab Career website, view our benefits at jobs.ecolab.com/working-here.
Covid-19 Vaccine Notice
Due to local mandates and customer requirements, applicants for certain customer-facing positions must be fully vaccinated (which in some situations requires a booster if eligible), unless a religious or medical accommodation is requested by the applicant and approved by Ecolab. All applicants should be aware that Ecolab is a federal contractor. If the federal contractor vaccine mandate is reinstated in its current form, all Ecolab employees will need to be vaccinated, or have an approved religious or medical accommodation in place.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
Ecolab will provide reasonable accommodation (such as a qualified sign language interpreter or other personal assistance) with our application process upon request as required to comply with applicable laws. If you have a disability and require accommodation assistance in this application process, please call Ecolab Recruiting Support at (866) 841-6682 for assistance.