US – Greenfield
As a leading global animal health company, Elanco delivers innovative products and services to improve the health of pets and farm animals around the world because we believe making animals’ lives better, makes life better. Since 1954, we have provided solutions that support veterinarians, farmers and pet owners to advance our vision of Food and Companionship Enriching Life. Elanco’s promise to employees: Together, we foster an inclusive culture where everyone can make a difference, encouraging ownership, growth and well-being.
The Workday HCM Director will manage a team of professionals who support the Elanco Workday HCM system globally. Functions supported include Payroll, Benefits, Time Tracking, Absence, HCM, Recruiting, and Compensation. The team is responsible for business process configuration and maintenance and technology project support related to their function.
Process Expertise and Business Partnership
- Provide Workday configuration consulting and direction to members of HRIS team, HR functions (Talent Acquisition, Total Rewards, Talent Management, HR Operations) and business
- Lead a team of HRIS functional lead team members to ensure Workday functions are configured in a way that meets business requirements and follows technical best practices of the Workday platform.
- Research, identifies the root cause of system issues and seeks a resolution
- Participates in project implementations with system conversions, implementations, upgrades or data conversions
- Ensures accuracy and integrity of HRIS system (Workday).
- Collaborates on SOX Audit and Compliance related configuration processes and tasks for HRIS Team
- Understand functional and technical architecture of Workday and related interfaces
- Can support advanced security configurations by hands on or coaching others in maintaining and supporting Workday security module
- Analyzes and evaluates results from configuration, audits, and support ticket usage statistics to provide recommendations to HRIS leadership for use in making system improvements
- Develops/socializes documentation and training materials
- Assist in the formulation of procedures and best practices for users of HRIS systems
- Propose, document, and implement new or revised processes to improve system performance and promote the consistent use of Workday across the business
- Adheres to all company, country, local and other applicable laws or SOX requirements with respect to configuration
- Ensure adherence to process documentation and training materials and meets established SLA (service level agreements) guidelines and goals
- Comply with all company local and global policies including legal & privacy frameworks
- Code of Conduct, anti-discrimination, harassment, and health, safety, and environment (HSE) policies.
- Perform any other duties or serve in such other capacity as may be determined by Company management
Basic Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum) in HR, Finance, IT or related field.
- Demonstrated Workday experience is required, with a proven ability in configuration and multiple projects simultaneously across a global organization
- Experience in managing technical team. Workday team preferred
- 3+ years in supporting data analytics strategy and or delivery
- Experience in Sox Audit Processes
- Working knowledge of Workday Security Module
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (verbal and written)
- Demonstrated ability to influence and work effectively and collaboratively with various business partnerships, regions, and cultures, and to promote effective collaboration between them.
- Strong analytic and diagnostic skills as well as a data-driven and metrics-driven approach
- Ability to design, develop, implement, and maintain processes based on industry best practices
- Demonstrated skills & experience to work within a complex organization and to partner, collaborate, and work across functions and regions, at all levels.
- Strong planning and organizational skills.
Additional Skills and Preferences:
- Five years of Workday Configuration Experience-Crossing Multiple HCM Modules
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Location: Will consider a remote working arrangement if outside the Central Indiana area
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status