Get started on an exciting career at Element!
Element employees make a difference in the lives of others every day. We are re-defining the fleet management industry to be people first, then business – delivering on our promise of a superior client experience. This takes hard work and innovation, and we need more like-minded people on our team.
What We Need
We are looking for a Human Resources Business Partner (HRBP) who will play a critical part in engineering top-notch products and services in a unique industry and at a rapidly growing organization.
- Exceptional judgment and decision-making skills, especially in situations that are sensitive, complex and/or ambiguous
- Analytical and dedicated to achieving continuous improvement at a global organization?
As the HRBP, you’ll align North American HR programs with business strategy and relevant employment laws and regulations. You’ll also work with leaders to provide day-to-day employee relations, performance management guidance, help design their organization, and optimize talent. You will advise, coach, and support leaders to maximize performance, effectively lead change, encourage teamwork, and engage and develop talent. This role has a hybrid work arrangement working 2-3 days in the office and the balance at home.
A Day in the Life
- Consult with leaders to ensure alignment of performance management with pay-for-performance recommendations and reward and recognition programs.
- Act as advocate and advisor to employees and leaders regarding career and leadership development.
- Develop investigation plans, conduct investigations, make recommendations, and oversee the implementation of decisions that lead to the fair and consistent resolution of issues and complaints.
- Manage ER matters, including performance management, terminations, restructuring, accommodation requests, workplace drug/alcohol/violence matters, conflict resolution, etc.
- Develop and implement comprehensive staffing plans for the organization and proactively partner with Talent Acquisition team on strategies to attract top talent.
- Partner with the Senior Human Resources Business Partner supporting organizational design and implementation strategies for defined client group.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferably in Business, HR, or a related discipline.
- 7+ years relevant experience in Human Resources, including experience in organization design, talent assessment and development, change management, recruitment, job and compensation programs, employee relations, and managing complex/sensitive workplace investigations.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Workday HRIS system a plus
- Strong working knowledge of US federal and state employment laws and regulations
- Canadian employment legislation and the ability to appropriately identify employment/labor law issues
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, and the ability to educate, influence and indirectly lead a large range of individuals across multiple HR and business functions
- Proven success establishing collaborative relationships with individuals at all levels and in all parts of the organization
- Demonstrated negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Demonstrated success as change agent and role model for leading cultural change.
- Ability to work a hybrid work arrangement, 2-3 days in the office and the balance at home
What’s in it for You
• A culture of innovation, empowerment, decision-making, and accountability
• Comprehensive health and welfare benefits that serve the needs of you and your family and foster a culture of wellness
• Additional benefits and amenities, including paid time-off programs (vacation, sick leave, and holidays)
• Hybrid work environment for most positions
Applicants will be required to undergo a background check only if and after a conditional offer of employment has been extended.
Beginning January 1, 2022, Element requires new hires to provide their COVID-19 vaccination status as of their start date. This requirement is a condition of employment at Element and must be provided prior to commencing employment. If working in an Element office, full vaccination against COVID-19 may be a requirement of employment. If you are unable to receive the vaccine due to a health condition or because it is prohibited as a result of your sincerely held religious beliefs, you will have an opportunity to request a reasonable accommodation.
Element Fleet Management and its wholly owned subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, age, sex, sexual orientation, disability, national origin, Aboriginal/Native American status, protected veterans’ status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations during the application and interview process are available upon request. Should you require an accommodation with our hiring process please send an email to [email protected] or call (800) 665-9744.
Read more about our Culture.