Palo Alto, CA
Senior Manager, Human Resources Advisory
Charlotte, NC, Knoxville, TN, Palo Alto, CA
Job Summary and Description:
The Senior Manager, Human Resources Advisory will partner with executive leadership to drive organizational design and effectiveness, value creation for our internal and external stakeholders, business alignment, talent engagement and learning development solutions.
In addition to managing the overall HR services for all divisions/sectors, this role will directly support the Chief Financial Officer’s organization, as well as Human Resources and Diversity (HRD).
- Manage and shape the Institute’s overall HR Advisory services team while implementing the EPRI’s Human Resources and Diversity strategy.
- Partner with the Executive Leadership Team (VP+) to collaboratively execute on the long-term vision for key talent initiatives that consistently improve effectiveness and help EPRI achieve its mission and business objectives.
- Lead and execute long-range growth planning that impacts the engagement, performance, leadership development and retention of EPRI’s workforce.
- Define operational targets and goals for the HR Advisory team in line with the Institute’s business strategy and the HRD division strategic priorities.
- Engage with HRD managers, advisors, and senior business leaders to build and execute timely effective, and scalable people programs and processes which will support EPRI’s mission. These include, but are not limited to, team member relations, collaboration, leadership development, talent review, assessment processes, succession planning, career development, organizational strategy and design, role-based competency development, diversity, and inclusion, etc.
- Measure performance against defined Corporate and Department Performance Indices
- Assure HR alignment and consistency across sectors/division under one HR brand.
- Review and advise on policy improvements.
- Lead the organization design process for each sector/division.
- Partner with HRD leaders to understand and anticipate hiring and development needs against the capabilities needed to deliver business objectives and support overall EPRI’s vision.
- Advise on new HR solutions to improve day-to-day operations.
- Diagnose and Identify development needs and solutions for businesses.
- Provide HR-related support and guidance in the areas of employment termination, conflict resolution, and performance analyses.
- Compile and present HR Advisory operational reports
- Monitor the performance of the HR Advisory initiatives using reliable data, and data analytics.
- Interpret internal and external data to make risk-based business decisions to help maintain a high-performing and impactful team.
- Review and recommend performance evaluation methods.
- Partner with the CHRO to develop a global HR strategy and deliver the Institute Talent Management and Succession Planning
- Monitor, review and update all HR policies and ensure alignment with current legislation.
- Plan and manage the HR Advisory budget.
- Partner with HR managers and advisors to conduct people reviews, yearly calibrations, succession planning, mapping of skills and competencies.
- Collect and monitor employees, managers’ feedback, identify issues, and provide suggestions to improve employee satisfaction.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or equivalent experience required
- Master’s Degree in Human Resources or MBA is preferred
- A Professional Certification in Human Resources (SPHR, SHRM-SCP) is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- 15 years of progressive experience in HR, including workforce strategy, organizational design, change management, workforce planning and competency models.
- 10 years of progressive HR leadership experience leading a team of HR Business Partners
- Experience in providing advice and support to senior executives on strategic matters.
- Proven project management skills, including building sponsorship, communications, and stakeholder management.
- Success in delivering high-impact people strategic and operations programs around performance management, value creation, culture, and employee engagement for an enhanced employee value proposition.
- Track record of effectively diagnosing, designing, and delivering organization-wide interventions
- Working knowledge of the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) experience with Workday preferred.
- Strong computer skills including HRIS, Excel, and database applications.
- Broad understanding of all key Human Resources functions, including, but not limited to Organizational Design, Benefits, Compensation, Recruiting, Learning and Development and Employee Relations.
- Outstanding communication and facilitation skills; ability to communicate in a fast-paced environment with different competing priorities.
- In-depth knowledge of labor laws and regulations
- Experience in HR reporting and analytics
The salary range for this position is $157,845 USD to $213,555 USD annually.
This salary range is an estimate, and the actual salary may vary based on various factors, including without limitation applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
This role is eligible to participate in EPRI’s annual incentive program. The amount of incentive varies and is subject to the terms and conditions of the plan.
This role is eligible to participate in EPRI’s standard employee benefit programs, which currently include the following: medical, dental, vision, 401k, STD/LTD and paid family leave, life and accident insurance, paid time off (flexible vacation, sick leave, and holiday pay).
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status of new hires by comparing information from the employee’s I-9 form against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Energy.