Chennai – Unit 1
Business Division: FSS
Business Function / Department: RTR
Job Title: Finance Executive
Reporting to (Job Title): Asst. Manager – RTR
Equiniti is a leading international provider of shareholder, pension, remediation, and credit technology. With over 6000 employees, it supports 37 million people in 120 countries.
EQ India began its operations in 2014 as a Global India Captive Centre for Equiniti, a leading fintech company specialising in shareholder management. Within a decade, EQ India strengthened its operations and transformed from being a capability centre to a Global Competency Centre, to support EQ's growth story worldwide.
Capitalising on India’s strong reputation as a global talent hub for IT / ITES, EQ India has structured the organisation to be a part of this growth story. Today, EQ India has evolved as an indispensable part of EQ Group providing critical fintech services to the US and UK.
EQ’s vision is to be the leading global share registrar, offering complementary services to its client base and our values set the core foundations to our success. We are TRUSTED to deliver on our commitments, COMMERCIAL in building long term value, COLLABORATIVE in our approach and we IMPROVE by continually enhancing our skills and services. There has never been a better time to join EQ.
- Handling Cost accrual process, recharge process, Intercompany process.
- Should have handled Month end close activities and handling the client queries independently.
- Should have hands on experience in areas like Deferred Revenue, Accruals, GRNI, Revenue accounting, Prepaid, Intercompany accounts.
- Provide ongoing guidance to the business on revenue recognition issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with UK Finance Business Partners.
- Implement and document processes as required for the Audit purpose
- Proactively work with Business Units in an efficient and courteous manner to identify and correct process inefficiencies by end users in the business unit.
- Any other duties that are within the scope, spirit or purpose of the role or as reasonably requested.
- Ensure that all working practices follow the Equiniti standard policies and procedures, including health & safety and equal opportunities.
- To process the deliverables within the agreed service levels with a very high standard of accuracy and attention following the defined operating procedures & guidelines
- Monitor error tracking, discuss with team, document Root Cause Analysis and lay out preventive measures.
- Continuous efforts in prioritisation of daily work schedules to team members and ensuring SLA and TAT is met every day
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Good understanding of RTR process with minimum 3 – 5 years of experience.
- Prior experience of working in an offshore Finance SSC.
- Excellent accounting knowledge across Record to Report functions.
- Financial accountancy experience including UK GAAP within multi-national organisation.
- Knowledge of Workday will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of other financial accounting systems.
- MBA Finance/Bachelor’s degree in commerce from an accredited university
- Fluent English: written and spoken.
- Strong use of excel and similar software.
- Excellent organizational, communication and planning skills.
- Professional, credible individual with an ability to influence peers, superiors and subordinates.
- Adaptable with an ability to change direction and priorities if required.
- Achievement orientation: Driven by goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people across the organisation.
- Ability to understand the detail behind processes.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
Being a permanent member of the team at EQ you will be rewarded by our company benefits, these are just a few of what is on offer:
- 3 days of additional leaves on & above statutory requirement along with 2 days of voluntary leaves to pursue the CSR initiatives
- Business related certification expense reimbursement
- Comprehensive Medical Assurance coverage for dependents & Parents
- Cab transport for staff working in UK & US shift
- Accidental & Life cover 3 times of concerned CTC
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks.