India – Chennai
Bengaluru – Unit 3
Equiniti is a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments. Our technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers. Over a third of the UK population has dealt with Equiniti at some point during their lives.
Equiniti is a company that has been built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ c.5000 people in the UK, India, Poland and the US.
The IT Division builds and supports mission critical internal and customer-facing software solutions and infrastructure for wide-ranging products and services across the Equiniti Group. The Technology Project Management Office (PMO) team owns the IT project methodology, governance, reporting standards and portfolio of technology driven projects, as well as the IT project capacity management function.
This role is part of the IT PMO Team and the job holder will provide PMO and IT resource capacity administration, insight and analysis to IT Leadership as well as Project teams, Finance and Group PMO. The role will include administration of the Technology Review Board (TRB) and the Architecture Review Board (ARB), providing PMO support for major projects and programmes, implementing project and governance process improvements, carrying out project and portfolio quality assurance and supporting IT Resource planning and analysis.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Administration of the TRB and ARB, including taking technical minutes,
- Liaising with IT PMs to ensure the accuracy of the IT portfolio and adherence to project governance
- Quality Assurance & audit support
- Provision of PMO support to major projects/programmes, including financial reporting and analysis
- Collating the agenda for the weekly IT Recruitment meeting
- Maintaining and developing core Resource Planning data sets and tools:
- Headcount tracker (Excel, including charts and tables)
- Org Plus (Organisation charts)
- MS Project Online (including Power BI Reports)
Reporting and analysis:
- Producing MI (excel & charts) – tailored to meet the needs of various stakeholders
- Producing reports (Power BI, Powerpoint) – tailored to stakeholders’ needs.
- Quality Assurance checks
- Process design, improvement and streamlining
- Deputising for Resource Capacity Manager
- Deputising for Senior Portfolio Manager
- Managing small projects/ workstreams
- Investment funding and budget management
- Providing support and training to IT Project Managers
- Development of an online training portal for IT Project Managers
Skills, Capabilities and Attributes
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience, skills and behaviours:
- Strong stakeholder management skills, with the confidence to positively influence, challenging supportively and effectively where appropriate.
- Excellent English written, verbal and comprehension communication skills.
- Strong data management, analytical and reporting skills, including Advanced Excel (Pivot tables, Charts, complex formulae) and Power BI.
- Familiarity with IT terminology and taking minutes for technology forums
- A meticulous attention to detail.
- Solid problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Effective time management skills with proven ability to manage multiple demands effectively.
- Ability to work calmly and methodically when under pressure.
- Experience gained within financial services or other regulated environments would be advantageous.
- Advanced MS application skills
- PMO experience
- A working knowledge of Workday is preferable but not essential.
- Experience of using Resource Management toolsets.
- Experience in administering Sharepoint.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks.