Chennai – Unit 1
Equiniti is a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments. Our technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers. Over a third of the UK population has dealt with Equiniti at some point during their lives.
Equiniti is a company that has been built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ over 5,000 people in the UK, India, US, Poland and Netherlands.
There are five internal business divisions which compromise the Equiniti business (EQ Boardroom & Invest, EQ Paymaster, EQ Digital, EQ US and AST), which are all supported by the Group Functions. Our strategy is aimed at driving pace and growth with a strong focus on further investment in our people and leadership.
Equiniti’s journey to build and develop a captive offshore finance facility started in 2016, with a view to centralise the core transactional accounting. This resulted in the creation of a Finance Shared Services Centre (SSC) in Chennai which comprises the following teams: Record to Report (RTR), Procure to Pay (PTP), Master Data Management and Data Analysis (MDM), Order to Cash (OTC) and Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A).
In recent years the Finance SSC has extended its Global footprint to support geographies beyond UK, expanding the remit in operating areas to help sustain, and improve, the control environment for the Group. The Finance SSC has continued to successfully drive value-add and continuous improvement along the value chain by providing high quality services in specialised areas of External Financial Reporting, Procurement and Internal Audit
All of this made possible by over 100 dedicated, articulate and forward-thinking colleagues in the Finance SSC who play a pivotal role in our transformative journey. The most recent achievement of the combined team includes successfully implementing Workday in 2020 – the global finance, procurement and human capital management ERP which is now used by globally by all of Equiniti’s businesses and employees.
Junior Finance Business Partner (Chennai FP&A)
Our finance team are an integral part of our decision making process and are responsible for analysing risks, providing relevant insight and formulating strategies to drive performance, as well as ensuring we meet all of our obligations as a responsible organisation around reporting and financial transactions.
As a member of the Finance team, the junior finance business partner will be integral in delivering financial insight and analysis to the business, and will work in support of the Finance Business Partners in the team.
This position will have a dotted line into the Head of Finance and will be responsible for providing high quality analysis and MI to support in key decision making. This role will utilise a mixture of business knowledge, technical accounting understanding and excellent modelling skills to help our organisation meet its objectives. The role will be heavily focussed on providing finance support to the business.
Core Duties / responsibilities:
- Providing support to the UK Shareholder Services finance team;
- First point of contact for queries from the assigned business areas;
- Building and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with onshore business colleagues;
- Supporting the month end process; reviewing, analysing and commentating on performance
- Assisting with the forecasting process, including headcount and capex.
- Pro-active approach to assessing trends and risks within the core activities;
- Playing a supporting role in the annual budget setting exercise;
- Undertake ad-hoc tasks and projects as required.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Degree educated;
- Fully qualified accountant through a recognised accounting organisation or MBA Finance
- Upto 8 years experience in FP&A , exposure to front end Business Partnering in current role
- Demonstrates excellent relationship building, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Self-motivated with proven analytical, organisational and problem solving skills;
- Has demonstrated high levels of personal accountability and flexibility to meet deadlines;
- Proven experience of delivering results over a sustained period in a challenging environment.
- Can interpret financial information to identify drivers impacting business performance;
- Prior experience and knowledge of accounting processes;
- Strong Excel skills;
- Knowledge of financial reporting systems (Workday and Adaptive Planning desirable).
Core Values & Behaviours
- Acts with integrity and high personal standards in dealings with others.
- Treats others with respect, openness, honesty and fairness (empathy).
- Accepts responsibility rather than apportioning blame.
- Creates the right blend of support and challenge – for self and others.
- Maintains the organisation’s reputation for high standards of business conduct.
- Adds values and builds true partnerships across the Group.
- Effectively manages expectations to achieve a positive outcome.
- Takes personal responsibility for the performance of the internal Client relationships.
- Builds effective networks
- Effectively communicates with internal Clients and key stakeholders.
- Probes facts and opinions to determine underlying needs and expectations to find out what internal Clients really need today and identify future requirements.
- Pro-actively manages all stakeholders.
- Is passionate and believes in what we do and who we are.
- Champions collaboration across the business for the benefit of internal Clients and Customers.
• Maintains their motivation and commitment, despite changes in direction.
• Consistently demonstrates the Equiniti Group Values, even under pressure.
- Acts as a role model to others.
- Positive, enthusiastic and supportive of others.
- Promotes teamwork and works effectively with others to achieve own and wider business goals.
• Leads in sharing good practice, knowledge and experience with others.
- Embraces challenges and responds quickly and positively to change.
- Is receptive, flexible and resilient.
- Adopts personal style to suit the situation and needs of others.
- Leads, coaches and develops others to reach their full potential.
- Passionate about delivering service excellence and putting the internal Client / Customer first.
- Works hard to get it right first time and keep promises and commitments to others.
- Pro-actively takes actions and works with others to enhance our performance and reputation.
- Takes ownership for problems and finds solutions.
- Constantly searches for opportunities to add value and reduce costs for the Business and Clients.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks.