Chennai – Unit 1
Equiniti is a leading provider of technology and solutions for complex and regulated administration and payments. Our technology platforms are used by 70% of the FTSE 100, Government and other large corporates, particularly in banking, insurance and other financial services. We have 1,700 clients, make £160 billion worth of payments through our systems every year, hold records for 70 million shareholders, look after pension schemes for 8 million pension scheme members, and provide services which touch 28 million customers. Over a third of the UK population has dealt with Equiniti at some point during their lives.
Equiniti is a company that has been built with strong values at the very core of our offering. Dealing with some of the most successful companies and government agencies in the UK, excellence, integrity, professionalism, partnership, commercial and innovation are therefore at the heart of everything we do. We employ over 5,000 people in the UK, India, US, Poland and Netherlands.
The Finance SSC Team is one of the most engaged teams in the business per the last Gallup survey. In recent years the Finance SSC has extended its Global footprint to support geographies beyond UK, expanding the remit in operating areas to help sustain, and improve, the control environment for the Group. The Finance SSC has continued to successfully drive value-add and continuous improvement along the value chain by providing high quality services in specialised areas of External Financial Reporting, Procurement and Internal Audit.
All of this made possible by over 100 dedicated, articulate and forward-thinking colleagues in the Finance SSC who play a pivotal role in our transformative journey. The most recent achievement of the team includes successfully implementing Workday in 2020 – the global finance, procurement and human capital management ERP which is now used globally by all of Equiniti’s businesses & employees.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
- Handling Cost accrual process, recharge process, Intercompany process.
- Should have handled Month end close activities and handling the client queries independently.
- Should have hands on experience in areas like Deferred Revenue, Accruals, GRNI, Revenue accounting, Prepaid, Intercompany accounts.
- Provide ongoing guidance to the business on revenue recognition issues.
- Responsible for maintaining and enforcing the Company's revenue recognition policy.
- Build and maintain relationships with UK Finance Business Partners.
- Implement and document processes as required for the Audit purpose
- Work on Blackline reconciliations and understanding of the reconciliation process.
- Proactively work with Business Units in an efficient and courteous manner to identify and correct process inefficiencies by end users in the business unit.
- Any other duties that are within the scope, spirit or purpose of the role or as reasonably requested.
- Ensure that all working practices follow the Equiniti standard policies and procedures, including health & safety and equal opportunities.
- To process the deliverables within the agreed service levels with a very high standard of accuracy and attention following the defined operating procedures & guidelines
- Monitor error tracking, discuss with team, document Root Cause Analysis and lay out preventive measures.
- Continuous efforts in prioritisation of daily work schedules to team members and ensuring SLA and TAT is met every day
- Review and Approval mechanisms ensuring that the accounting transaction is reasonable, necessary, and comply with applicable policies.
- Work on process improvements and strengthening controls.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The successful candidate will demonstrate the following experience skills and behaviours:
- Good understanding of RTR process with minimum 5 – 8 years of experience.
- Prior experience of working in an offshore Finance SSC.
- Excellent accounting knowledge across Record to Report functions.
- Prior experience in working on Blackline or similar tools for reconciliation.
- Financial accountancy experience including UK GAAP within multi-national organisation.
- Knowledge of Workday will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of other financial accounting systems.
- MBA Finance / Bachelor’s degree in commerce from an accredited university.
- Fluent English: written and spoken.
- Strong use of Excel and similar software.
- Excellent organizational, communication and planning skills.
- Professional, credible individual with an ability to influence peers, superiors and subordinates.
- Adaptable with an ability to change direction and priorities if required.
- Achievement orientation: Driven by goals and deadlines.
- Ability to work well with people across the organisation.
- Ability to understand the detail behind processes.
- Continuously learns and improves from experience and shares this with others.
- Involves and leverages knowledge of others in decision making and problem solving.
- Makes decisions by evaluating options and uses commercial and market awareness to make appropriate recommendations.
- Effective use of own time and commits to realistic deadlines.
We are committed to equality of opportunity for all staff and applications from individuals are encouraged regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief and marriage and civil partnerships. Please note any offer of employment is subject to satisfactory pre-employment screening checks.