Are you an ERCOT Employee? If so please log in to Workday to apply.
As a member of our collaborative IT team, you will encounter cutting edge technology systems and solutions that run the electric power grid and wholesale markets within the state of Texas. You will use your creativity and technical expertise to implement industry leading IT solutions that will help shape the future of the global electric utility industry.
AT ERCOT, our diverse and dynamic work environment provides a platform on which employees can work together to build the future of the Texas power grid and wholesale market utilizing the latest technologies and resources. We encourage you to join our talented, dedicated workforce to develop world-class solutions for today and tomorrow’s energy challenges while learning new skills and growing your career.
ERCOT is committed to fostering diversity and inclusion at all levels of our company. It is the cornerstone of our corporate values of accountability, leadership, innovation, trust, and expertise. We accept and celebrate those that join us and recognize that individuals with a wide variety of talents, ideas, and experiences propel the innovation that drives our success. A diverse and inclusive workforce strengthens us and allows for a collaborative environment to solve the challenges that face our industry today and in the future.
ERCOT offers the flexibility to work both in and out of the office within the state of Texas, providing our employees with an enhanced work life balance.
Works on an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) team that is responsible for the configuration, maintenance and continuous improvement of ERCOT’s Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) product suite. Responsible for partnering with business stakeholders to pursue opportunities for greater efficacy and efficiency as well as to identify and resolve system issues. Provides consultation and support to SMEs and end-users of the ERP products through analysis, development, configuration, testing, promotion through environments and change management.
- Understands and applies principles, theories and practices of business analysis and the configuration and administration of ERP software systems.
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action.
- Impact is generally limited to specific assignments or projects.
- May respond to inquiries, aid, and guidance to lower-level workers.
ADDITIONAL JOB DUTIES
Level 1 & 2
- Work closely with the business teams to understand system pain points, determine root causes, and develop solutions to address short and long-term issues.
- Research, evaluate, develop, test and implement new and/or currently unused functional and technical solutions to enhance the value of business systems.
- Manage support tickets ensuring thorough, timely work and compliance with documentation procedures in ticket tracking system.
- Contribute to Change Advisory Board meetings and ensure change management principles are applied.
- Reporting: Create, modify and support reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Prepare scheduled and ad-hoc reports. Provide SMEs with report writing guidance, instructions or documentation. Ensure data accuracy, security, and data privacy standards are met through reviews, testing, change management, routine data audits and validation.
- Production support: Monitor, research and resolve problems with ERP products such as Workday. Provide recommendations and alternate solutions. Troubleshoot system issues and ensure appropriate parties are involved to resolve issue.
- Monitor recurring processes & interfaces to ensure successful execution and troubleshoot failed processes.
- Perform regular application, systems, and administration tasks; monitor results; recommend and implement solutions to prevent issues.
- Engage and direct third-party vendor support for Workday and other ERP products.
- Configure and administer Workday security in compliance with policies and procedures.
- Explore and recommend best practices, features, and solutions via Workday Community and dialogue with key stakeholders.
- Provide system mass update support via EIBs for all functional areas of Workday.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks, respond quickly to emergent problems, and to focus both on long-range projects and immediate tasks required to maintain system functionality.
- Ability to communicate effectively with staff across multiple departments to analyze current operational procedures, identify problems, and understand specific requirements for system enhancements and fixes.
- Participate in Workday user forums as needed.
Level Senior & Lead – Above +
- Define and shape the overall functional and business process architecture across all ERP products (i.e., Workday modules, etc.) ensuring efficient and accurate design and configuration of the delivered solution.
- Act as a primary authority on product configuration, combining expert-level proficiency in Workday with the understanding of HR and Finance processes architecture and the ability to communicate clearly and collaborate with stakeholders to turn broad requirements into deliverables.
- Lead releases and issue resolution, working with business users, IT, vendors and other support teams to define scope, prioritize, plan and implement system changes and enhancements.
- Develop delivery plans using data gathered, constraints, and probable consequences. Ensure adherence to project schedule and other specifications.
- Review test scenarios, support the development of test scripts.
- Work directly with HR, Finance, technical staff and project teams to identify, analyze, design, test and implement new systems or improvements to existing systems and associated procedures.
- Review Workday releases for new functionality and optimize existing processes and integrations accordingly.
- Provide day-to-day thought leadership and mentoring of the HRIS Functional Analysts, and train and mentor testers.
- Partner with IT to address system, interface, data and vendor issues.
- Mentor team by providing guidance allowing them to learn new skills and functional areas.
- Functional Support: Lead and support both HCM and Finance configuration enhancements, inquiries, errors, reports and integration issues. Assist team members by investigating problems and resolving or providing detailed recommendations on resolutions.
- Advanced reporting: Create, modify and support Standard, Advanced, Matrix and Composite reports utilizing appropriate reporting tools. Provide advanced experience with building, maintenance and documentation of calculated fields.
- Leverage business knowledge and best practices to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Assess the feasibility of security configuration or business process changes and their impact on data accessibility, security, business processes or integrations.
- Follow approval and change management procedures for security revisions and recommend security configuration and policy to ensure best practices are applied.
- Collaborate with SMEs and integration developers on the management of current integrations as well as the development and implementation of future integrations.
- Assist in establishing standards, guidelines, security policies and quality assurance for the ERP system.
- Requires minimum 5 years job related work experience in addition to degree requirements.
- Requires knowledge of either HCM or Finance business processes, best practices in Workday and excellent technical and problem-solving abilities.
- Combination of training and experience in information technology and business operations to incorporate business systems analysis, process analysis, and technical communication skills effectively into the role to maintain a high functioning ERP system.
- Bachelor’s Degree: Computer Science, Business, MIS or related field (Required).
- Or a combination of education and experience that provides equivalent knowledge to a major in such fields is required.
- The majority of job duties can be performed remotely from your Texas residence.
- May be required to be on-site at the Taylor or Austin facilities at least once a month, or more based on the business needs and as determined by the Manage
- Work arrangements are subject to business needs and are subject to change accordingly.
The foregoing description reflects the minimum qualifications and the essential functions of the position that must be performed proficiently with or without reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities. It is not an exhaustive list of the duties expected to be performed, and management may, at its discretion, revise or require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned. This job description is not intended to create a contract of employment with ERCOT. Both ERCOT and the employee may exercise their employment-at-will rights at any time.
Are you an ERCOT Employee? If so please log in to Workday to apply.