Functional Workday specialist
Within our global HRIS team, we are looking for a curious and ambitious functional Workday specialist (2-4 years of relevant experience) to help balance our support of HR and realizing our 3-year roadmap. As functional specialist, you work closely with (global) HR owners and have oversight into all of the ERIKS functionality, with a focus on Talent and Recruiting.
ERIKS gives employees the opportunity to develop themselves, at both the professional and personal level. Working at ERIKS means working in an fast-moving environment where you take on challenges and share them, come up with innovative solutions and act in a dynamic and well-considered manner.
ERIKS have been live with Workday (almost full suite) since 2016 and have been following a progressive roll out of countries and additional functionality. We are now at a stage where we support 11 countries and a population in Workday of around 6,000 employees.
This role is vital to realize our ambition transforming the way we deliver people operations services and leverage the potential of Workday. You will work closely with HR leaders in supporting and improving our current ways of working in Workday. We encourage those within the HRIS team to gain an overall understanding of system functionality and support with bridging skill gaps as part of our commitment to employee development.
ERIKS is an equal opportunities employer.
Research, Analysis, Problem-Solving & Build
- Identify business needs through working with local and global teams, undertaking research and analysis.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert on the Workday solutions.
- Provide guidance and recommendations on system functionality and design in line with best practice and global governance.
- Perform Workday system administration functions including security maintenance, business process configuration, tenant configuration, data loads, integrations and release analysis.
- Partner with Global and Local HR teams within the ERIKS Support Model to drive business requirement gathering sessions, business process review, project management, testing, training, documentation development and communication.
- Feasibility and Impact assessment for system improvements within core functionality.
- Participate in regular reviews and prioritization of Workday projects and BAU support.
- Issue management (uploads, tickets, backlog priorities)
- Configure design solutions in the system ensuring they meet business user needs.
- Own customer issues from beginning-to- end resolution.
- Assist in the development of plans to mitigate and avoid future system issues.
Validation & Testing
- Understand the downstream/end-to-end impacts of Workday changes on WD processes and other downstream systems, ensuring appropriate parties are included.
- Ensure design solutions are validated/tested (post-configuration), to confirm the design is working as planned, downstream impact is minimized and additional problems are not inadvertently resulting from the change.
- Impact assessment, system testing for new Workday releases and other testing cycles.
- Perform testing and analysis to ensure the system meets or exceeds end user requirements and standards and deployment.
- Minimum 2 years of recent Workday configuration experience in HCM Core, and one or more of the following Performance, Recruitment and Advanced Comp.
- Knowledge of various other Workday Modules is advantageous. e.g. Reporting & Dashboarding, Security, Onboarding.
- Solid understanding of general HR Processes and Practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, an additional language is beneficial.
- Customer oriented with excellent communication skills and a strong business sense
- Problem solving, innovative and results driven.
- Passionate about HCM products and a passion to learn and mature the product.
- Friendly, knowledgeable, and motivational to others.
- An entrepreneurial mindset is highly appreciated.
- Open minded team player, adaptable and flexible when dealing with competing priorities.