Workday Functional Consultant
THE ROLE & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
The Global Process Excellence service line team is at the beginning of a transformational initiative to improve core business processes, technologies, and behaviors across the ERM organization. The Process Excellence service line will be organized around four core process areas:
- Human Resources (People)
- Marketing and Sales (Client)
- Operations (Projects)
- Finance & Procurement (Finance)
ERM is seeking a Workday Functional Consultant to support the Process excellence (People) function reporting into Product Owner (People) within our growing organization. This position will assist with delivery of our Workday roadmap, though configuration of new features as well as administration of various HCM modules in Workday across functional areas.
Reporting to the Workday Product Owner, the priority focus areas and responsibilities for the Agile Developer will therefore include supporting a high performing team to help standardize and harmonize global process and deployment across:
- Core HCM
- Performance Management
- Talent Management
- Compensation Management
The successful candidate will be;
- Promoting best practices, streamlining data processes, and increasing efficiencies within HR community based on Workday.
- Adhering to ERM’s Group IT systems framework including Audit, Governance and Data Integrity Requirements, Controls, and all Policies
- Monitoring and resolving Service Desk Incidents related to Workday. Incidents will be analysed, and issues resolved, with clear communications in agreed SLA timeframe.
- Workday Testing – Assisting Global Support Team with workday testing during Bi-Annual Workday release and with any ad-hoc testing.
- Training regional superusers on existing data points and processes and reports based on established best practices.
- Communicating risks, issues, and status to the Global/Regional Support Team on timely basis and with relevant information
- Keeping up to date with Workday functionalities
- Supporting change management and training activities.
The successful candidate will have;
- Strong Workday hands-on background with a strong overall Workday functional experience (Workday Absence and/or Talent experience is preferred)
- Experience with Workday implementations providing functional oversight, process mapping, configuration, testing, and continuous improvement.
- The ability to both recommend best configuration approach and complete configuration
- Experience of working in a remote environment.
- Experience of working with stakeholders at all levels in a pressurized environment with tight deadlines.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum philosophy, methodologies, and ways of working.
- Knowledge of data privacy and compliance.
- Great analytical skills with superb follow through and attention to details.
- Excellent communications skills all round – interpersonal, oral, written are all important.
- A well-organized approach to work and be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Desire to learn and take on new responsibilities.
- Ability to operate effectively in a dynamic, growing, ecosystem with minimal supervision
- Willingness to travel and work across time zones, when required