The Team Leader, Finance oversees the related budgeting, analysis and forecasting aspects for Eversource.
This is a hybrid role. The first three months are fulltime in the office.
- Responsible for effectively developing and monitoring direct reports (2+ FTE’s). Guides direct reports when challenging situations are encountered and helps them to be successful. Develops capability across team, ensures appropriate training and cross-training, resources, and support for the team; provides direction and oversight to other team members.
- Promotes and encourages a positive, professional, collaborative, and efficient work environment in which open communication is encouraged.
- Responsible for guiding the weekly and biweekly payroll process.
- Provides related payroll support and leads various payroll projects.
- Collaborates effectively with several key business areas.
- Manages critical path schedules to ensure deadlines are met. Sets direction of the work group by developing actionable plans with staff to achieve the established goals, objectives and timelines. Oversees work organization and planning; provides clear communication regarding day-to-day work and/or project assignments; and ensures the efficient use of resources.
- Ensures projects undertaken are in accordance with overall Finance and Eversource goals and objectives.
- Administers approved Company policies and procedures as they relate to Payroll/Finance functions.
- Develops and implements procedures related to Payroll/Finance activities.
- Assists with the development of and administration of the department’s operating budget.
- Develops analysis individually and oversees analysis prepared by others, including the positions’ direct report(s), that will support the filings in an ethical manner. Analysis will include accounting practices and financial principles used in general industry, as well as those unique to utilities. Work products must be able to withstand challenges from opposing parties.
- Provides financial support and consultation to Business Managers in their assessment of complex strategic initiatives and the financial implications of corporate and budgeting decisions on company profitability.
- Strong knowledge of payroll, utility accounting and regulation
- Experience with Workday and/or Workforce
- Experience in quarterly and annual tax filings and ongoing regulatory changes
- Experience with ADP SmartCompliance
- Possess the aptitude to draw sound business conclusions, act decisively and drive business results.
- Ability to effectively direct multiple and competing priorities.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strategic mindset: ability to see the big picture and provide effective direction.
- Focus on innovation; continually and consistently challenge the status quo.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or Business Administration. Master’s degree preferred. Or comparable work experience.
- Five (5) plus years of related experience required.
Licenses & Certifications:
- CPA or industry specific designation(s) preferred.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Eversource offers a competitive total rewards program. The annual salary range for this position is $127,000 – $141,000 plus incentive. Salary is commensurate with your experience. Check out the career site for an overview of benefits.
Number of Openings:
Eversource Energy is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, disability status, or protected veteran status.
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Responding to emergency situations to meet customers’ needs is part of every employee’s role. If employed, you will be given an Emergency Restoration assignment. This means you may be called to assist during an emergency outside of your normal responsibilities, work hours and location.