Czech Republic – Prague
If you need assistance during the recruiting process due to a disability, please reach out to our Recruiting Accommodations Team through the Accommodation Request form. This form is used only by individuals with disabilities who require assistance or adjustments in applying and interviewing for a job. This form is not for inquiring about a position or the status of an application.
Sr HR Coordinator (12 months FTC)
Based in our Prague office and part of a centralised EMEA HR operational team, you will be responsible for providing first-line customer support and variety of HR activities for Czech and Eastern European region. You will support the key partners in providing customer-focused comprehensive HR advice and support to employees in line with policies, procedures and legal requirements.
Additionally, you will be an active member of the EMEA HR Operations team and participate in team projects and HR activities for the overall region. There is also the potential for this role to develop into providing support for additional EMEA locations. The role is quite varied, and the individual will be expected to have excellent organisational and communication skills and the ability to prioritise multiple tasks.
Please note this is a 12 months FTC.
What you’ll do:
- Provide outstanding first-line customer service; ensure queries in the Case management system are responded to in a timely manner and meets the needs of the customer
- Preparation of employment documents and processing of employment status changes (e.g. contracts of employment, domestic and international transfers, letters to confirm changes of terms, terminations)
- Maintain employee files and coordinate documentation control / management
- Maintain and update accurately all HR records/systems
- Partner with core partners to submit data changes in line with internal payroll cut off dates
- Handle the tracking of absences and administration of the time and attendance tool
- Coordinate the administration of local benefits (outside of Company standard benefits) and respond to benefit related enquiries from employees
- Complete a variety of employee letters (e.g. employment verification and confirmation of employment)
- Support the processing of payroll, ensuring all employee changes are communicated to the Payroll Team accurately and within the required timelines
- Lead the onboarding and exit processes
- Support development or creation of HR policies according to changes in legislation/Company process
- Communicate and manage relationship with local authorities and vendors (where appropriate) to ensure statutory compliance and timely reporting
- Build and maintain standard operating procedures (SOPs) to improve operational efficiency
- Support local EMEA teams with any project work
- Actively participate in the HR Ops team, sharing knowledge and learnings
Who you are:
- Preferably educated to degree level or equivalent and working towards a recognised HR qualification, or willing to work towards this
- Up to date knowledge of employment law for your locations
- Experience gained in a fast paced, changeable environment (desirable to have previous HR experience)
- Basic understanding of HR processes (e.g. onboarding, payroll processing, local legislations)
- Passion to work and develop career in HR
- Desirable to have experience with EMEA and/or international operations
- Fluency in Czech and English essential
- Knowledge of Workday and ServiceNow (or similar case management system) very desirable
- A highly customer-orientated approach, committed to achieving excellent levels of customer service
- Excellent organisational skills
- Articulate and fluent communicator
- Collaborating and working well together with others, ability to establish relationships at all levels
- Demonstrates a can-do attitude and is pro-active and professional in all client contact
- Must be a proactive self-starter with the ability to work productively in an environment of continuous change
- Must have attention to detail and ability to prioritise tasks
- Good working knowledge of MS Office, PowerPoint, Word and Excel
About Expedia Group
Expedia Group (NASDAQ: EXPE) powers travel for everyone, everywhere through our global platform. Driven by the core belief that travel is a force for good, we help people experience the world in new ways and build lasting connections. We provide industry-leading technology solutions to fuel partner growth and success, while facilitating memorable experiences for travelers. Expedia Group’s family of brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Vrbo®, trivago®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Hotwire®, Wotif®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Expedia Group™ Media Solutions, Expedia Local Expert®, CarRentals.com™, and Expedia Cruises™.
© 2021 Expedia, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademarks and logos are the property of their respective owners. CST: 2029030-50
Employment opportunities and job offers at Expedia Group will always come from Expedia Group’s Talent Acquisition and hiring teams. Never provide sensitive, personal information to someone unless you’re confident who the recipient is. Expedia Group does not extend job offers via email or any other messaging tools to individuals to whom we have not made prior contact. Our email domain is @expediagroup.com. The official website to find and apply for job openings at Expedia Group is lifeatexpediagroup.com/jobs.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.