Fairstone cares about your career. That’s why we’ve been recognized for years for our commitment to imparting our values. At Fairstone, our workplace is built on integrity, responsibility, and respect. We make a point of recognizing and valuing diversity by fostering inclusion at all levels of our company.
Every day, we help Canadians find the right borrowing solutions for their needs and budget. Today, and every day, we are guided by the same mission: to offer them the best possible borrowing experience.
To keep the momentum going, we are looking for our next Payroll Manger, to join the People and Engagement team, reporting to Sr Manager, Payroll, on a full-time basis (37.5 hrs/week).
In this role, you will play a vital role in overseeing the accurate and timely processing of payroll for the organization. You will be responsible for managing a small team, ensuring compliance with payroll regulations, and maintaining efficient payroll operations. Your expertise will contribute to the smooth functioning of our HR department while ensuring employee satisfaction through accurate and on-time payroll processing.
- Full cycle preparation of the bi-weekly Payroll and off cycle payrolls
- Audit data integrity between Workday HRIS and Payroll
- Audit and validate timesheet balances
- Verify payroll tax remittances and third-party remittances against supporting payroll records
- Investigate and rectify any discrepancies or errors in payroll processing
- Prepare a third party remittance requisitions
- Respond to employee inquiries in a timely manner
- Lead year-end processing, annual government filings and reconciliations
- Identify opportunities for process enhancements, automation, and best practices in payroll management.
- Provide guidance, training and support to the team
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience in payroll
- Supervisory experience and leadership skills
- Post-secondary education, with related work experience or Bachelor’s degree in human resources, finance, accounting, administration, or related field
- Knowledge of accounting processes and month-end close, including journal entries and reconciliations
- Knowledge of Canadian labour/tax laws and legislative changes
- Excellent communications skills in French and English (written and spoken)
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, particularly with Excel
- Workday experience, an asset
- Certified Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP), an asset.
- Certified Payroll Manager (CPM), an asset
- HYBRID WORK MODEL: A healthy balance between your personal and professional life (3 days a week at the office)
- PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT: A range of free online training is available with Fairstone Academy.
- HEALTH: A benefits package tailored to your needs. Unlimited and continuous access to medical care, and mental, physical, social, and financial well-being resources.
- REST: Minimum 15 paid vacations according to employee grade, 6 wellness days, and federal holidays.
- PAID VOLUNTEER DAY: We encourage employees to support their favorite charity during their volunteer day paid by Fairstone.
- PENSION PROGRAM: Fairstone pays 3% automatically, then adds 50% to your personal contribution (up to a maximum of 6%).
- EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT: Eligible tuition expenses up to $3,000 per year.
- EMPLOYEE DISCOUNTS: We offer a wide range of discounts, including cell phone, gym, home and auto insurance, and many more with Perkopolis!
WE ARE PROUD TO BE: Montreal's Top Employers 2023 by Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
We are honored to be recognized for offering a best-in-class workplace, incentives, and initiatives to our dedicated employees who have helped build Fairstone into an employer of choice.
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairstone/mycompany/
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.