The Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis will support the overall expense management activities for the bank including expense reporting and driving operating efficiencies. Reporting to the Director, Performance Management, this position will have experience working in a multi business unit organization to support the expense reporting, budgeting and delivering cost saving opportunities across business units.
The ideal candidate is highly motivated, intellectually curious, analytical, and possesses an entrepreneurial mindset.
Detail oriented and enjoy being hands-on. Have proven analytical skills and always understand the “bigger picture”. Demonstrated effectiveness in building processes, establishing standards and supporting highly functioning team to drive our expense management objectives.
- Assist in the production of Monthly Expense Report (Deck) providing granular detail of expenses compared to forecasts and prior year.
- Assist in developing meeting agendas and discussion topics for the Performance and Efficiency Forum with the aim to track and drive cost savings and operating efficiency.
- Support as a business partner to business teams and management in forecasting Operating Expenses and Capital Expenditures through the Annual Operating Plan, Quarterly Forecasts.
- Support production of reporting of project level expenses comparison to budget and drive corrective action for any excess.
- Assist in building processes to monitor and track the bank’s operating efficiency performance.
- Assist in functional department reviews with business leaders on operating expenses.
- Assists in creating and enhancing the existing KPI reporting and analytical tools to increase efficiency and uncover more insight into business operations.
- Support the business in identifying, evaluating and tracking operating efficiency initiatives.
- Champion a strong data-driven environment, providing fact-based strategic insight to business partners to identify risks and recommendations to improve future business performance.
- Drive continuous process improvement, enhancements and automation to create capacity for value-added service to business stakeholders.
We are one of the fastest growing banks in Canada. We are looking for a dynamic individual that thrives on critical thinking, working across functions to sort out ambiguity, and succeeds in fast-paced environments.
- Business Growth – Support the development of business cases and investment analyses, initiative tracking, and post implementation reviews.
- Finance Transformation – Play a key role in enabling the capabilities of a Workday ERP, Adaptive Insights and optimization of financial planning tools.
- Data Driven Organization – Be an advocate to adoption use of data to simplify decision making and presentation of complex information. Lead the development of management dashboards, business models and data platforms.
Are you someone who wants to deliver broad business impact? We are looking for a Leader who is driven to take on new opportunities, with the self-motivation to continue to develop self and growth of others.
- You bring experience in finance and industry with a view to constantly improves processes and outcomes.
- You are comfortable working hands-on across the organization directly with executive leadership or leading initiatives to collaborate multi-functional teams.
- You can easily establish effective working relationships across the business and finance teams.
- 3+ years of experience in Finance/Accounting
- 2+ years Financial Services industry experience, an asset
- Finance / Accounting designation (CPA/CMA/CGA), an asset
- Strong financial modelling capabilities with experience creating robust financial plans, forecasts, and projections
- Previous experience coordinating rigorous forecasting and planning cycles and corresponding outputs
- Previous experience in the area of expense reporting, expense management and driving operating efficiencies
- Previous experience in Financial Services: Credit Cards, Personal Lending and Mortgages would be an asset
- Strong business and process acumen, with ability to analyze strategic requirements, create innovative solutions, and develop action plans
- Experience in developing financial models and dashboards within industry BI Tools (PowerBI, Tableau) would be an asset
- Excellent presentation, facilitation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly collaborative, hands on approach
- Solution-oriented, strategic business partner
WE ARE PROUD TO BE: Montreal's Top Employers 2023 by Canada’s Top 100 Employers!
We are honored to be recognized for offering a best-in-class workplace, incentives, and initiatives to our dedicated employees who have helped build Fairstone into an employer of choice.
Learn more: https://www.fairstone.ca/en/about/canadian-lender
Follow us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/fairstone/mycompany/
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.