333 Bush St. Suite 2700
Plan, develop and assist business units in implementing accounting policy across the Bank. Primary lead and support for the Deputy Controller in researching technical accounting matters related to the Bank’s activities. Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, i.e., SEC, FASB, AICPA, PCAOB and International Accounting Standards Board. Position’s primary focus is on the SEC and FASB authoritative guidance, research, interpretation, peer networking and collaboration, and guidance for other business units.
- Research and draft proposed accounting policies for the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual and for the Bank’s ALCO review and approval.
- Present accounting policy matters and accounting developments to ALCO and Core Bank as needed.
- Identify and develop accounting recommendations regarding new accounting pronouncements, accounting developments, and disclosure requirements or trends.
- Inform the Bank’s Deputy Controller, Controller, SOX Compliance and Disclosure Committee of new accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Assist Deputy Controller with preparing significant accounting policies and accounting updates for the Bank’s Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Provide technical accounting guidance for new accounting pronouncements, new products, hedging strategies and new accounting strategies.
- Draft and maintain the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual and provide quarterly submissions of the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual to the Bank’s regulator and to Bank personnel.
- Key liaison with business units on implementation and maintaining appropriate accounting policies and procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Draft letters or discussion papers to the FASB, SEC, and the FHLBanks on system wide accounting issues.
- Support Financial Reporting team during reporting time.
- Support development of ANI procedures for new or unusual transactions.
- Participate in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve those goals.
- Provide support and development for less experienced team members within the Controller’s team on technical accounting and accounting policy matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience. CPA is required.
- Minimum of five years accounting and finance experience within a financial institution and prior large CPA firm accounting experience to include working knowledge of accounting, derivatives, application of GAAP and Sarbanes Oxley regulations.
- Minimum of three years prior accounting policy experience preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess integrity and leadership skills with sound business ethics.
- Must have proven skills in developing strong working relationships and experience working with finance issues of complex institutions.
- Excellent presentation skills both verbal and written with strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials is preferred.
Notice regarding COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: At the Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco, our top priority is the health and safety of our team members, our families, and the communities we serve. As part of our commitment to health and safety, the Bank requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. New employees must be able to provide proof of vaccination on their first day of work. A person is considered fully vaccinated two weeks after the second dose of a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine has been administered.
If you are unable to be vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a sincerely held religious belief, medical condition, or disability, the Bank will consider requests for accommodation in accordance with applicable law.
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.