333 Bush St. Suite 2700
Primary lead and support for the Bank in researching technical accounting matters related to the Bank’s activities. Guide internal business units in following the Bank’s new and existing accounting policies and procedures across the Bank. Monitor the activities of all accounting standard setting bodies, i.e., SEC, FASB, AICPA, PCAOB and International Accounting Standards Board and provide updates to senior management and the Audit Committee, as needed. Primary focus is on the SEC and FASB authoritative guidance, research, interpretation, peer networking and collaboration, and guidance for all business units throughout the Bank. Additionally, support the Financial Reporting Senior Director in coordinating the accurate and complete preparation and timely filing of the Bank’s periodic Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) reporting activities, the monthly and quarterly reporting activities related to the Federal Housing Finance Agency’s (FHFA) Call Reporting System (CRS) and special data requests (SDR) reporting, and the Office of Finance’s Financial Reporting System (FRS).
- Research and draft proposed new accounting policies for the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual.
- Present accounting policy matters and accounting developments to ALCO, as needed.
- Identify and develop accounting recommendations regarding new and emerging accounting pronouncements, accounting developments, and disclosure requirements or trends.
- Inform the Bank’s Deputy Controller, Controller, SOX Compliance and Disclosure Committee of new accounting, reporting and disclosure requirements.
- Prepare significant accounting policies summaries and accounting updates for the Bank’s Audit Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Provide technical accounting guidance for new and emerging accounting pronouncements, new products, and new accounting strategies.
- Maintain the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual and provide quarterly submissions of the Bank’s Accounting Policy Manual to the Bank’s regulator and to Bank personnel.
- Key liaison with business units on following the Bank’s new and existing accounting policies and procedures in accordance with U.S. GAAP.
- Support efforts within the FHLBank System to draft letters or discussion papers to the FASB, SEC, and the FHLBanks on system wide accounting issues.
- Support Financial Reporting team during reporting time.
- Participate in the establishment of department goals and for implementing procedures and performance standards to achieve those goals.
- Provide support and development for less experienced team members within the Controller’s team on technical accounting and accounting policy matters.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field or equivalent work experience. CPA is required.
- Minimum of five years accounting and finance experience within a financial institution and prior large CPA firm accounting experience.
- Working knowledge and practical application of Sarbanes-Oxley regulations and complex accounting principles relating to topics such as derivatives, asset valuation, and other GAAP. .
- Minimum of three years prior accounting policy experience preferred.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess integrity and leadership skills with sound business ethics.
- Must have proven skills in developing strong working relationships and experience working with finance issues of complex institutions.
- Excellent presentation skills, both verbal and written, with strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials and Workiva is preferred, but not required.
SALARY RANGE: $165K – $185K
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.