333 Bush St. Suite 2700
Led by IT senior management, the IT Finance Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the technology financial budget including planning, forecasting, and reporting. The role involves partnering with Corporate Procurement in the purchasing of hardware, software, technology services, and all associated contracts and vendor relationships. In particular, Market Data management responsibilities will require in depth knowledge of vendors, pricing models, and data services offered in order to assist internal business partners with their data needs while optimizing IT spend.
- Partner with IT senior management in the annual planning and budgeting process based upon current year’s expenditures and the technology strategy for the coming year.
- Lead in the purchase of new hardware, software, SaaS, and Market Data services, including the renewals of associated maintenance agreements and subscriptions.
- Collaborate with Corporate Procurement on purchase decisions, contract negotiation strategies, and supplier management / risk management.
- Manage market data vendors and contracts by developing a deep understanding of service offerings and pricing models. Optimize costs through elimination of redundant services and advise business on requests for new data.
- Work with Accounts Payable for matching and receiving against purchase orders and invoice approvals.
- Manage forecasts in Workday Adaptive Insights throughout the month and update as required.
- Lead monthly financial review with IT senior management by providing monthly variance analysis comparing actual technology spend versus plan, forecast, and prior year. Create insightful and actionable analyses, identify problems, trends, and issues that require further review, and provide recommendations on cost optimization opportunities.
- Provide and present quarterly analysis and “show back” reporting to internal business partners on technology spend supporting their business units.
- Prepare monthly accruals for Accounting Operations.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Business, Finance, Economics, or a related quantitative field is required.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge:
- Five (5) years of experience within an IT organization responsible for financial planning, tracking, and analysis.
- Three (3) years of experience responsible for procurement of hardware, software, and services, and associated vendor and contract management.
- Excellent business partnership, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong tactical and strategic thinking, analysis, and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to successfully juggle multiple priorities and willing to shift direction quickly when priorities change.
- Identify, own, and track issues through resolution.
- Solid technology and financial management acumen
- Experience managing Market Data vendors and contracts
SALARY RANGE: $150K – $170K
The Federal Home Loan Bank of San Francisco is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. We value and actively seek to recruit, develop, and retain individuals with varied backgrounds and experiences reflecting the full diversity of the communities that we serve. It is the policy of the Bank to comply with all applicable laws concerning the employment of persons with disabilities.
Salary ranges reflect the base salary that the Bank reasonably expects to pay for a given role and is not inclusive of annual incentive award opportunities, retirement benefits or the value of other health and welfare or other ancillary benefits. We consider many factors when determining base salaries such as individual background and experience, the competitive environment, education, particular skill set(s), and industry and institutional knowledge.
The Bank is committed to offering all team members challenging and engaging work with market competitive pay, retirement, and benefit offerings. In support of this commitment, the Bank routinely engages in market competitive benchmarking surveys and analysis to ensure our team members continue to be paid fairly and competitively.