Fuquay Varina, NC
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The Assistant Payroll Manager will assist with the overseeing the delivery of accurate and timely payroll services to 4,500 associates in a multi-state environment. This role will assist with the supervision of the payroll team along with training and development of the team.
- Oversee full-cycle processing of the multi-state payroll processing for 4,500 US based associates.
- Lead payroll team in responding timely and effectively to inquires related to payroll, providing guidance on income taxes, associate garnishments, and FHI pay practices.
- Works cross functionally within the company to drive process improvements and consistency, provide guidance and counsel to all associates of transactional processing involving payroll.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local payroll taxation.
- Assists in preparation/balancing Quarterly and Annual tax filings within Workday and ADP.
- Manages payroll related audit requests, i.e., Annual 401k audit, Workers Compensation audit, and/or legal request requests in a discreet manner.
- Assists in Workday enhancements/system upgrades 2 times per year ensuring configuration changes work as expected.
- Applies leadership skills to improve efficiency, learning and development of payroll team.
- Next Level resource to assist in resolving associate concerns regarding wage payments, taxation, deductions and unique requests.
- This is not a comprehensive listing of tasks, activities, duties, or responsibilities required of the associate. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time at the discretion of management.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years of full cycle payroll experience, plus supervisory experience.
- CPP preferred.
- Working knowledge of ADP and Workday Payroll, including the interfaces and touch points
- Strong Analytical skills and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates understanding of confidentiality requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates at all levels and maintain professional demeanor under tight deadlines and with multiple priorities.
- Must demonstrate well developed written and oral communication skills with ability to use influence to build positive effective relationships.
- Self-motivated, demonstrating sound judgment and initiative while keeping Sr. Payroll Manager informed.
- Computer/Microsoft Office proficiency.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other computer components.
- This is a full-time exempt level position requiring the ability to work varied hours to accommodate operational needs and requires the use of independent judgment and discretion in decision making consistent with FHI’s Purpose, Vision and Values.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!