Fuquay Varina, NC
It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
The HRIS Specialist leads and contributes to projects and data analysis within Workday. Acts as an advocate for the end user and proactively recommends opportunities to streamline, simplify and enhance the user experiences across functional areas. Provides reporting and metrics to support business decisions. Additionally, provides back up support for Workers’ Compensation and Benefits.
• Provides HR reporting and analytics, ensuring raw data is translated into meaningful dashboards, metrics, and reports that assists in supporting HR programs and business decisions. Leverages technical expertise to maintain, develop and build develop new reporting and analytics solutions.
• Responsible for administration and maintenance of Workday HCM, including mass action processing and uploads, data audits and validation, assists with review and testing of semi-annual upgrades.
• Collaborates with the Continuous Improvement team to support Workday initiatives (implementation of new modules or significant functionality deployment), including requirements definition, testing, etc.
• Collaborates with Leadership to evaluate and make recommendations regarding HRIS and system needs.
• Conducts knowledge sharing / transfer sessions with HR, Talent Acquisition and Leaders.
• Creates communications announcing new features and update job aids as needed to ensure that new processes and systems capabilities are broadly understood.
• Analyzes business processes and makes recommendations to streamline to increase efficiency and make productive use of resources.
• Provides day to day support for Workday applications and manages ticketing system to log issues, assign tasks and provide metrics.
• Develops technical knowledge and skills through informal exploration, formal training, and experience.
• Supports department projects related to benefits including, but not limited to, research and communication.
• Provides back up support to Workers Compensation Specialist:
• Process and administer Worker’s Compensation claims, assist with premium audits and premium payments
• Track and assist in Incident Forms and Claims. Ensure post incident drug screens are performed timely and have appropriate follow-up.
• Maintain Safety Training Records in Workday. Maintain associate electronic files.
• Working alongside the Workers Compensation Specialist, review requests for time off or job modifications to determine if eligible for FMLA or ADA protections, providing appropriate forms and engaging associates in processes to evaluate requests for approval, interacting with leaders, and responding to requests in a timely manner
• Assist associates with accessing medical care and light duty assignments, following up with associates to ensure paperwork is complete and follow-up appointments and releases are received, and managing claims to ensure that associates are returned to full duty in a timely manner and that the cost of claims are minimized
• Maintains confidentiality at the strictest level
• Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or other related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• 3-5 years HR experience
• 2+ years HRIS experience, Workday preferred
• Strong functional knowledge of HR processes and demonstrated ability to define process improvements
• Functional knowledge of Human Resources business processes (compensation, benefits, talent acquisition, learning and development, performance management, payroll etc.) and subject matter expertise in multiple HCM modules. Strong Understanding of Workday reports and calculated fields
• Excellent analytical and technical skills including expertise in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and business intelligence platforms
• Experience supporting, designing, implementing, or supporting HR technologies (especially Workday); driven to learn the nuances of Workday’s architecture; thoroughly tests to the point of comprehension
• Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new systems and processes.
• Ability to manage multiple, high priority tasks and adjust to shifting priorities while meeting deadlines.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Must have a service orientation with a strong desire to serve others
• Able to travel up to 15%
This position is full-time based in the Corporate office of FHI in Fuquay-Varina, NC. Out of state, overnight travel anticipated: up to 15%.
The setting is mostly an office setting using standard office equipment such as a laptop computer, phones, photocopier, and filing cabinets. Occasionally this position will travel to distribution centers which may not be climate controlled, include loud noises, areas below 32 degrees and require extended walking/movement in small areas amidst heavy machinery.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this role, the associate is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to use a computer, lift files and office supplies up to 20 pounds. Regularly drive a motor vehicle. Needs ability to communicate effectively through reading, writing, and speaking in person and on a telephone.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the associate for the job. Duties, responsibilities, and/or activities may change at any time with or without notice.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!