APPROVED FOR REMOTE WORK
FibroGen, Inc. is a biopharmaceutical company committed to discovering, developing, and commercializing a pipeline of first-in-class therapeutics. The company applies its pioneering expertise in hypoxia-inducible factor (HIF) and connective tissue growth factor (CTGF) biology to advance innovative medicines for the treatment of unmet needs. The company is currently developing and commercializing Roxadustat, an oral small molecule inhibitor of HIF prolyl hydroxylase activity, for anemia associated with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Roxadustat is also in clinical development for anemia associated with myelodysplastic syndromes (MDS) and for chemotherapy-induced anemia (CIA). Pamrevlumab, an anti-CTGF human monoclonal antibody, is in Phase 3 clinical development for the treatment of locally advanced unresectable pancreatic cancer (LAPC), Duchenne muscular dystrophy (DMD), and idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis (IPF). For more information, please visit www.fibrogen.com.
Reporting to the Director of IT G&A Applications, the SAP Technical Analyst is responsible for the development, delivery and operational support of SAP technical tasks to fulfill business requirements at FibroGen, and for the continuous improvement and support of enterprise applications.
The ideal candidate will have advanced problem-solving skills, ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Successful candidates will be self-driven, proactive, passionate about using technology to solve business problems, well-versed in conflict resolution, as well as managing several vendors simultaneously.
Tight collaboration and partnership with IT peers as well and cross-functional organizations such as Finance, Clinical, CMC will be critical to the success of this role.
● Develop, test and deploy SAP technical assignments in support of SAP data integrations and custom key reports
● Develop, test and deploy Workday break fixes and minor enhancements under continuous improvement initiatives to existing enterprise applications
● Perform operational support on existing production integrations, responding to incidents by proactively monitoring results, identification of root causes and resolution of operational issues.
● Monitor Workday data integration executions and create/modify integrations as needed
● Apply IT SDLC policies and procedures for project-based initiatives and IT Change Management policies and procedures on continuous improvement changes
● Perform SOX auditing deliverables on relevant applications, including quarterly report deliverables and participation in auditor reviews
● Engage with business partners at FibroGen to discuss and understand functional application requirements and to coordinate testing activities and change management approvals
● Document data integration and workflow technical details using standard templates and author working procedural documents as needed
● Manage configuration changes for SAP per agreed priority backlog items in JIRA
● Participate in impact assessment activities, reviewing proposed changes and ensuring
● Collaborate with Managed Services on product features
● Manage and maintain security access
● Ad hoc training of users and administrators
● Coordinating with SAP HEC for maintenance of production and sandbox environments
● Bachelor’s degree & 2 years of relevant hands-on SAP experience
● 1-2 years of experience in S/4 HANA ABAP development (CDS, BOPF, SADL, ODATA services) with at least 1 lifecycle implementation
● Hands-on experience in ABAP development for Fiori.
● Strong knowledge on Maintenance, Repair and Transport processes in SAP.
● Experience with Workday integrations is desirable
● Must demonstrate practical and conceptual knowledge of data integration standards and best practices.
● Must demonstrate that you have supported operational production data integration processes and enterprise applications.
● Must have strong database application skills, including SQL, query performance optimization and procedural logic.
● Must be experienced in developing data integration solutions using a middleware toolset such as Dell Boomi Atomsphere or SAP BTP.
● Must have practical knowledge and experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting data integration and application support issues.
● Must have good organization and time management skills. Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills required.
● Experience working at a Life Sciences organization a plus.
● Understanding of relevant regulations and guidelines (SOX, 21CFR Part 11, GxP)
FibroGen is an equal opportunity employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender identity/expression, creed, national origin/ancestry, age, alienage or citizenship, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.FibroGen will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
At FibroGen we continue to strive to build a diverse and equitable workplace; we share the typical minimum and maximum salary ranges on all job postings. For annual base pay, we typically set standard ranges for positions based on function and level benchmarks. Further, we establish fixed annual bonus targets, expressed at a % of annual base pay, based on level in the organization. Bonus awards are determined based on assessment of individual and corporate goal achievement. All compensation offers of employment are determined by multiple factors including a candidate’s relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Notice to Recruiters and Search Firms
FibroGen does not accept unsolicited resumes or communications. Contact with a hiring manager or submission or presentation of candidates by recruiters or placement agencies without a current signed agreement with FibroGen will not constitute, in any form, a financial obligation or agreement for recruitment services or placement support or consulting fees.